Dinner tensions again

Okay just to recap not only did I find out my Tío Bruno is or was not only married but he also has kids. Three of them from the looks of this photo album. Now my youngest primo and I are heading to dinner hoping to talk to tío Bruno about what we found in this album.

"What should we say to him?" Antonio whispered to his prima.

"I don't know but we need to ask him. This is too big a secret to keep hidden" Mirabel explained.

"There he is" Antonio points to our tío walking towards us.

"Oh kids there you are," said Bruno.

"Yeah, hey tío Bruno, Casita..." I said while reaching for my bag. "Time for dinner everyone to the table!" said Abuela Alma.

'Oh shoot. That's right Dolores' dinner'

"What is it Mira?" asked Uncle Bruno

"Nothing that can't wait till after dinner" I kept the album hidden in my bag to show him later. He went to go sit down and Antonio looked up at me wanting to know why I didn't ask him. "We're still going to ask him later. right now is an important night for your sister. let's focus on that till dinner is over okay" I explained hoping he understood.

"Okay Mirabel but what if Casita acts up like last time" he makes a good point but Casita is excited about this engagement since no one is being forced "I'm sure Casita can keep calm till then. After all they are just as happy for Dolores as everyone else. we are still going to confront this just later" at this, I just remember 'oh Dolores probably knows by now' a second of silence passed.

"Sorry Dolores," I said knowing she can hear me and is probably behind us.

"It's okay," she said as she goes to sit down.

"How does she do that?"

——dinner——

The Guzmans and the Madrigals all gather around the table everyone talking and joking around trying to act unaware of the big question getting asked. "Attention please, gracias tonight we all gather to make amends and start new beginnings. which is why we celebrate the courtship of Dolores and Mariano" Everyone claps for the happy couple. Half an hour into dinner the couple asked to be excused for some privacy "Of course go ahead"

---------------------------

Dolores and Mariano arrived in the courtyard of the house at a bench under a tree To talk. "Dolores I can probably guess but I don't want to presume so I have to ask is everything alright you seem nervous?" he asked holding her hand. "Thank you, I'm fine, I've just been thinking about everything that has happened these months. It's great that my family is taking better care of themselves and I'm happy. I only wished that everyone was here" she said with a sad sigh. "I know it's been hard. I hardly remember them too but I know they would be proud of how far you and your family have come. I just hoped that they forgive me." he said with regret.

"What do you mean?"

"Remember when we all used to play together while our parents would work? Somewhere along the way, I stopped being your friend when you needed one and I didn't see it"

"You didn't know no one did that's how well we hid our pain," assured Dolores.

"I can't change the past but I do hope I'm doing a decent job of rectifying my negligence."

"We wouldn't be here right now if you weren't," she said with sweet words as the couple looks at each other with love and understanding. Mariano decided that now would be as good of a time as any.