The Jungle pt. 1

Prologue

(Javier's journal spins into view.)

Layla's voiceover, "Grandma! Grandpa!

Luna's voiceover, "You have to see this!"

Miguel shouts, "We found a map!"

Crossfade to a plane flying in the night sky. Miguel's voiceover, "A map, the key to finally finding my missing parents."

The plane flies towards an island, after landing the plane Miguel Madrigal, in a pilot's uniform, jumps out and starts to climb up the mountain. At the top, he sees footprints embedded on a path. "This has to be them," Miguel takes off his helmet and flips the pages of his father's journal to the map. He continues following the footprints until he comes upon a temple. Miguel shines a flashlight over his surroundings, which resemble the inside of the boarding house. "Mommy? Papí? Where are you?" Miguel calls as he comes upon a room with two large doors guarded by two giant statues of his grandparents. The door shines a light and sees his parents, but their faces are obscured.

Javier and Blanca exclaimed in joy for their son, "Miguelito!"

Miguel quickly ran to them, "Mamí! Papí!"

Blanca with elation in her tone, "I can't believe how much you've grown!"

Javier smiles & notices his head, "And you're still wearing the hat we gave you!" Miguel approaches them for a hug, but they disappear.

Miguel looks around, calling for them, "Wait! I've been looking for you, trying to find you."

"I know. What have we missed?" His mother asks. Miguel keeps attempting to hug the couple but they keep vanishing and moving around as he gets closer. "Show us the neighborhood mijo," his father suggested but Miguel is confused.

"Huh?" He turns his head in the direction of a rumbling volcano in the distance as the scenery starts to warp. "This is weird! Mamí? Papí?"

Javier and Blanca both replied, "Yes, Miguel?"

"You've been lost for so long! I always hoped you would come back, but..." An airplane flies over their heads.

The pilot calls out from above, "Blanca! Javier! I need you for one last mission!"

Miguel's parents hop on the plane, "¡Espera! Where are you going?!" He pleads as he runs for them.

"We're off on another mission with Eduardo!" Javier says making the four-year-old cry, "No! Not again!"

"Adiós, Miguel!" they said as they fly away with Eduardo. Miguel looks down and sees a heart-shaped hole in his chest growing. Soon everything around him crumbles making him fall and float into an empty void.

Suddenly a swarm of butterflies came and revealed his cousins, Layla and Gaby, glowing with butterfly wings. Being lead by a winged Mirabel who radiates a warm glow as she holds Miguel safely in her arms. They flew out of the void and pass their friends, and family members: From Sánchez', Madrigals, Mondragóns, and Iglesias', waving alongside family members that have passed away like Bisabuelo Pedro and some friendly colorful skeletons. All are smiling at them as they flew over to a temple.

Dream Mirabel lands and gently sets Miguel down, as Layla and Gaby flew in to greet the two people sitting on two thrones. On the right side of the lady, is a tall tanned heavy-set man and the lady also seems tall, and plump, with a similar complex to tía Pepa. They appear important and regal, which can be intimidating especially since both of their faces are blocked in shadows. However, when the girls flew to hug them giggling, the couple reveals kind smiles and patted them softly on their heads.