Mica vs Abuela

Flashback
Alma's Pov
I was at the head of the table. My daughters were to the right of me along with Félix and Agustín. My son, his wife, and my precious Nietos, & nieta sitting on my left. I couldn't help but smile at them.

'Ay Pedro, I wish you could meet them you would be so proud'

Everyone was eating quietly trying to have a nice dinner hoping to avoid what happened. But damage control needs to be done although I wish I could give that punk a spanking. The town trusts us to help them not harm them their already weary of my son and sometimes Pepa, but this is about Bruno.

"Bruñito, I hope you are prepared to apologize for Ignácio's behavior?" I said causing everyone to stop in silence.

"Sí, Mama," he said in low voice. Pobrecito it's never easy but as parents, we need to swallow our pride for the greater good.

"Good, then by tomorrow we can move forward and make sure this does not happen again," if that punk knows what's good for them they'll accept it.

"Of course Mama,"

"We have a responsibility to this household and the people in this town. A duty that each new generation needs to understand,"

"But Abuela, Ignácio was only trying to help papa," said Javier

"Yeah the person yelling at him made it seems that it was his fault," said Angelina

"YEAH! No one hurts my papa"

'Mí corazones I'm sorry'

"Enough! There are no excuses for fighting and Ignácio I am so disappointed. You could have,"

"I don't get why you're getting so upset at our son for doing your job?" Said Mica interrupting me.

"Excuse me?" I asked my daughter-in-law.

"I said that Ignácio did more for Bruno than you ever have," Mica said nonchalantly with a smirk. On day one we have never gotten along sure we are civil and both care for Bruno. Yes, I'm grateful for all she has done for him and my grandchildren but I don't care for her attitude. She always needs to question my rules and she is so smug. How my son fell in love with that. I'll never know.

"Um, can we go to our room? Please," said Angelina sensing the tension in the air.

"Yes, you may dear, Casita!" with that casita brought the kids to their room leaving the grownups in silence.

"Something on your mind Mica?"

"Well, Alma since you asked so nicely, there is," she said calmly even though I know she wants to fight. Bruno reached for her hand to calm her so things wouldn't escalate and she squeezed back. But it did little, it was a screaming match the biggest we ever had words were said, plates were thrown and past mistakes were brought to light. The family and casita tried to keep us from getting close to each other but we keep our faces lock. We ended up sitting back at the table tired but we still had a lot to say.

"Alma, I know that you share a bond with the people in this town because of the war. Especially with the council members. Since then your family has done nothing but use their gifts to help the town and I respect that. However my patience for their ignorance and your negligence is wearing thin," she glared at me like it was my fault.

"I assume you have a better idea to resolve this matter?" I said.

"Yes, stop spoiling the town so much,"

"What?"

"Bruno should only tell his predictions to people if they or the town is in danger. Julieta should only heal serious injuries like childbirth, not paper cuts and Pepa should only change the weather if it gets hazardous and water crops if needed,"