Journey to the past

"War?" asked Mirabel

"During the September of 193X a war had been started and the whole world got involved" stated Zano
"Why was the world at war?"
"Because of one evil man who wanted to take over the world," said Miguel
At his grandson's words, Bruno couldn't help but worry his children had gone into a world at war. "My children were they?"
Sensing the old man's distress he said
"They were saved by your daughter's husband," he said remembering the story he was told when he was younger.

Flashback

After we finally reached a town to settle down for the night we saw so many people looking distressed like at any moment something bad is going to happen "Angelina, we have to keep moving my friend is just around this corner,"

"Sí, Señora Ah-Puch," I followed her along with my brothers to her friend's house. It's weird when we left Ah-Puch managed to find us saying she knew someone to help us adapt to the outside world so we would be prepared.

"So," started Ignacio, "your certain your friend will be able to help us blend in,"

"Of course and don't worry you're not the only ones with powers,"

"What do you-?"

We heard a loud crash that came from the house and see a talk black-haired teen holding what looked like two broken wooden dummies but they were unusually shiny. "Oh, uh this isn't what it looks like," he tried to explain then an old man appeared "ah Señora, you're finally here"

"Hello Andreas it's good to see you and I see your grandson has grown as well,"

"Abuelo who are these people?"

"Mateo these children are going to be staying with us for a while," he goes to greet each of us making Mateo do the same thing as well. "Ignacio," shaking his hand as they move to "Javier," and shook his hand and "Angelina," he kissed my hand and just as Mateo grabbed it he froze he had a strange look in his eyes and flushed cheeks "uh hi," he stammered awkwardly shaking my hand. We started training and learned about the world being at war. When we heard we decided to do our part and help. I guess some habits are just too hard to break. But this time it's our choice.

End of flashback

"Mateo's father was no stranger to magic but he knew that people have a habit of fearing what they don't understand or fail to," Zano said trying to sum up the story.

"So they joined the Military trained, fought. When it was over they went to San Ángel. Went to college, joined a humanitarian group, got married and started their own families," he pointed to Miguel and turned to Bruno. The rest of the group was stunned by what they heard about the triplets and yet it was not that surprising.

"It's just a lot to process," said Mirabel the only war she ever knew of was the one where her Abuelo died. 

"Look I don't know what else to tell you. I was just a kid. You're just gonna have to wait till we see them," said Zano trying to end the tension among the Madrigals. 

"Zano?" Mirabel asked, "What's your family like?"

"Loud and bossy. But they'll make you feel welcome and treated fairly,"

"Mama Maria is so funny she knows karate and wears costumes," said Miguel

"She sounds nice," said Bruno

"My mother is eccentric" Zano commented remembering how is a mother like to act eccentric.

 "Okay," said Mirabel.

"She means well. She just likes to act crazy sometimes," 

"Oh," Mirabel realizes "and the rest of your family?"