Chapter 5: First Date

Roman's POV

Alaiya's been resting in our bed for the past two hours in pain, and I wish there was something I could do. Usually when she gets her period, her third or fourth day is the worst which usually gives me time to prepare so she doesn't feel like shit. When we talked to the kids though, I did see a smile on her face, but it immediately went away when the cramps kicked back in. I found the closest pharmacy that I could and bought her every goddamn chocolate, chip, and cold drink that I could find that I knew she would like, along with a heating pad. Although, when I walked in on her in the room, all I saw were tears on her cheeks as she was pinching her stomach to make the pain go away which is why she's in my arms right now, crying as I'm trying to massage her stomach or wherever she wants me to so she can at least breathe for a second.

"I'm sorry for ruining our trip," she sniffs.

"You didn't fucking call your period, Alaiya. Stop apologizing." I hold her face as her eyes fill with more water.

She lays back against my chest after nodding, readjusting her back, her leg, and her hand placement over and over again.

"Do you still want to go to our dinner reservation tonight?" she asks as if it's up to me.

"I'm not the one in agonizing pain right now," I remind her since she may have forgotten.

"I want to go," she says assertively like she wasn't just crying a few seconds ago.

"We don't have to go if you don't want to."

I'm going to be honest, seeing Alaiya in that fucking amazing dress I saw her pack would probably make this entire trip into heaven, even though the bathing suit she was wearing yesterday already did that. I have no damn idea why she thought I would think of anything bad about her wearing it because holy shit did she look gorgeous and sexy all at the same time. And don't even get me started on the way her ass looked.

"No, we're going." She sits up, leaving my arms with a small whimper in pain. "I'm going to go shower."

"You want some help?" I smirk at her to lighten up the mood.

"Yes! Will you please help me wash my hair? My products are in our bag." She points towards the bag sitting near the door, completely ignoring what I actually meant, but it's Alaiya so I'd probably have to say the words fucking or sex for her to understand.

That was my fault.

She looks over and sees my blank face.

"What?" she asks confused.

"Nothing," I let it go because I've lost hope at this point.

We get in the shower and I begin to do her entire hair-care routine because when Alaiya says "helping", she actually means I do all of it while she tells me what the next step is. Her forehead has been resting against my chest the entire time because the painkillers still haven't helped yet. Though, the hot water is easing the cramps just a little bit which is why I haven't complained about her use of scolding water.

After about two hours, I finish with her hair. At this point, the reason I work out is to do her hair because fuck does it take a long time. No wonder she complains about her arms hurting when she does it by herself.

"Wait." Alaiya grabs my arm as I'm about to turn off the water. "I want to do your hair too."

I knew she was going to say something like that because she cannot accept someone doing something for her without doing something back immediately after. I get her food one day, she demands that I'm tense and I need a shoulder massage. I bought her a shirt, she has to pay for dinner that same night. I mean, I don't let her, but it's the effort that counts.