Chapter 41: Text

Alaiya's POV:

I don't think Roman's ever been so excited. He's smiling. All this for a little bra try-on. Wait until he sees what else I bought. He may go into cardiac arrest.

I'm setting the candles down on the counter as Roman is impatiently kissing my neck, trying to get me to hurry up.

A knock is heard at the door.

"Don't answer it," Roman and his amazing suggestions.

I laugh. "It's probably just mail. It'll only take a second."

He whines like a big ole baby.

I swing the door open and see Rider, a smile coming onto my face.

"Go away." Roman shuts the door in his face, locking it at lightning speed.

My mouth drops in shock. "Roman! That was so rude!"

"Alaiya, he's going to start saying dumb shit and then we're not going to be able to get rid of him." I swear it's like watching Autumn beg me to watch more Tv after her bedtime.

"You just slammed the door in his face!" I scold, ushering to the door.

"Calm down, his face wasn't that close. Sadly," he mumbles the last word, but I still hear it.

I roll my eyes before opening the door. Rider stands there with his arms folded and an angry expression set.

"Rider, Roman's sorry. Aren't you Roman?" I look over at Roman with glaring eyes.

Roman stares back at me, fighting for his life.

"My fucking bad," he grumbles.

Rider's hand shoots to his mouth instantly. "I didn't think that would actually happen! Hold on." He pulls out his phone to start recording. "Say it again. We need to add this to the record books."

"And you wonder why I do this shit."

"You're just jealous that Alaiya loves me more than you." Rider pulls me in for a side hug, a laugh coming out from my mouth.

"You better let go of her if you love that arm." Roman calmly nods towards Rider's hand around me.

Our hug is instantly broken apart.

What a loser.

I know Roman doesn't actually care if Rider hugs me. He's just angry about the try-on haul that has to wait for a while. How will he ever make it?

"Anyways, I came here because you took today off and I need help with some of the numbers for the new gym," Rider explains, setting his laptop bag down as he takes a seat on the couch.

"Did you ever think that I took today off for a good reason?" Roman sarcastically asks.

"The thought did cross my mind. But then I thought, should I let my best friend take today off, or should I ask for his help and get him even more days off in the future when he won't be broke because I screwed up the numbers. I chose the second one." Rider smiles.

Roman looks at me, giving me an 'I told you so' look.

I nod my head to the couch because he can wait. He sighs, walking over and taking a seat all grumpy.

I begin cleaning the kitchen since I haven't done it in a while. Oddly, I kind of missed it. I'm sure the feeling will pass the second I get to the dishes though.

After I'm done, I check in with Ivy to see how the kids are doing. She tells me that it's my fifth time checking in and I need to breathe. I tell her to answer my question because it sounds like she's avoiding something. She sends me an emoji, flipping me off.