Chapter 19: Pool

Alaiya's POV:

"OH MY GOD! BETHANE! ARE YOU OKAY!" Ivy quite literally screams as everyone is hanging out around the pool.

We hear the sound of shoes squeaking and thumping against the hardwood floor as if he's literally running around the corners in seconds.

The door busts open.

"What happened!?" Rider's out of breath because of his panic.

All the kids, along with Ivy grab the buckets of water and toss them at him together, drenching him in water instantly. He sticks his hands out to defend himself, but it's no use due to the fact that someone is surrounding him all around.

"That's for all the dog jokes." Ivy gleams with pure joy at his state as all of the kids are laughing uncontrollably.

Rider wipes his eyes before moving his hair out of his face and finally being able to see.

He sticks his arms out for Ivy. "Come here and give me a hug."

She holds out her finger instantly, stepping back. "This shirt is worth more than you and will not be getting wet."

Rider oddly backs down, shrugging and walking towards Bethane who hands him a towel, holding her other hand out to stop him from getting her wet as well.

Everyone goes back to swimming or sitting after our fits of laughter. Ivy comes and sits with me and Iris, everything staying quiet for a second.

Although, that never lasts with our friend group which is why suddenly, Ivy is lifted in the air by Rider and Roman, Rider grabbing her by the legs and Roman grabbing her by the arms.

"Both of you put me down!" she screams immediately when she feels herself moving further and further towards the pool.

"Okay, on three, Roman. One-two-." Rider lets go of her legs while swinging her back, releasing her by her feet which makes Roman set her down gently and allows her to run away instantly.

Ivy immediately rushes over to us, breathing heavily in relief.

"You said on fucking three!" Roman shouts at Rider in frustration.

"I thought we were supposed to let go on two!" Rider defends himself with the same loud voice.

"Who the hell lets go on two! And not only that, who let's go before you swing her ahead! What did you expect to happen if I let go with you!"

Everyone is trying to hold in their laughs at Roman lecturing him.

"Okay, no need to yell." Rider holds out his hands in a calming manner, all of a sudden his voice quiet.

"Dumbass." Roman's about to walk away from him when Rider suddenly gets an idea.

He charges towards Roman, using his weight to push him into the pool, but Roman doesn't even move more than a step. He just looks down at him blankly as Rider grunts. When Rider realizes that nothing is happening, he stands up straight and adjusts his shirt as a superhero would, walking away with dignity.

That was a show.

~~~~

"It's me." I wrap my arms around Roman's stomach from behind as he's cooking lunch for everyone.

"How was your day?"

I don't know why, and maybe I'm the only one, but someone asking about my day and me doing the same back and both of us actually listening may quite literally make me the happiest person on earth. I guess it just feels like someone cares enough to ask you something like that. And what makes it even better was that I literally can't leave this house so Roman's seen me for most of it, yet he still asked me the question.