Chapter 34: News

Alaiya's POV:

A few weeks after Roman's birthday, we all decided that we needed to get out of the house together.

Iris and Legend wanted to treat all of us so they took us to this very high-end steak restaurant where people quite literally look like princesses and princes.

I decided to wear a beige, but on the lighter side dress which has tight sleeves that come up to my wrists. The front of it almost looks like a strapless dress if the sleeves weren't there as it reaches down to the middle of my thighs, basically a wrap dress. I matched it off with black heels because they're the best ones I had and they went well with the outfit, and I also left my curls natural which Autumn called pretty a good twenty times, and Aubrey had the opportunity to pull another thirty. Dayton almost threw up on me, but thankfully, he just ended up crying because of the throwing-up scare even though nothing happened. And can you guess where Roman's hand has been resting since I put this dress on? Or actually, since we had our first-ever kiss?

"That lady over there had to have been around when cars were invented," Ivy declares, ushering to the woman who kind of does look like she's been around for a while, but also a little mean by the way she's glaring over at us I think because of our big group. "Tell me her name isn't Hagrid."

"She seems sweet," Eldon tries to defend the old woman.

"You find the good in too many people." Ivy shakes her head at her husband disapprovingly as Eldon pulls out her chair, along with Violets.

We all take a seat, everyone sitting with their kids, husbands, or wives. The older kids are sitting at another table like Ava, Finn, Lilly, Ellie, Aria, Autumn, Hope, and Violet. It's their favorite part about going out because I think they talk crap about everyone secretly.

Rider gasps. "Roman, look! It's your twin." He ushers towards a TV which is currently showing a tower in I'm guessing New York, the height probably being around a thousand feet. "Get it, because you're built like the Empire State Building." His laughter makes it even funnier, as does his explanation.

Roman rolls his eyes at him, looking back at the screen.

"Oh look, there's your twin." This time, Roman speaks about a dog that's just minding its business while walking down the street. "Get it, because you're a bitch."

Rider glares at him. "At least I'm not the one who Alaiya has to pet down."

Oh boy.

"Hey, those dog jokes were made exclusively for Eldon," Sanchez defends his creation of the joke.

Eldon's glare immediately appears.

"Skyler, how did he do without his perm appointments? Was he twitching at all...?" Eldon asks with fake concern towards Skyler who is watching this like an action movie with all of us.

"At least he doesn't wear colored contacts like Legend." And, Legend's somehow involved thanks to Rider.

"No, I don't."

"Really?!" Rider's now shocked. "Wait, are colored eyes passed down from the mom or dad's side?"

"Why the fuck are you looking at me?" Roman responds in frustration.

"I guess Alaiya only married you for your looks and not your brain." Rider shakes his head with a sigh. "Also, the dog jokes aren't just for Eldon. We can't forget about his wife." Rider gives a big ole grin to Ivy who was looking at the menu to see what she wanted.

Eldon's foot kicks Rider simultaneously from underneath the table when he sees Ivy about to go off. Rider ow's in pain as Eldon is giving him a look that says 'I told you to stop'.