Chapter 12: Party

Alaiya's POV:

The beautiful, off-the-shoulder, silky, lush-pink dress hugs my curves perfectly. It pushes up my breasts, along with the push-up bra I'm wearing, and the little X on the fabric at the middle of my thighs makes me want to pull it down, but then I remember the cut near the cleavage which makes me pull it back up. I throw on a pair of black heels and walk out of the closet, seeing Roman rocking Aubrey in his arms on our bed. I watch him kiss her cheeks, cuteness overload beeping inside of my head.

His eyes look up from Aubrey and then to me, scanning my body until I physically begin to burn from the blush that was already present.

"I changed my mind. You're staying home," he says, checking me out repeatedly which earns a laugh to come out from my chest.

If it was any other day and we weren't locked in this house for so long, I'm sure he would've actually followed through with that.

"Can I ask you a question?" I walk up to him after he sets down Aubrey on a pillow carefully.

"Mhmm?" He pulls me onto his lap as I straddle him.

"Why don't you get upset with me wearing revealing clothes?" It's a question I've always wondered. Most men don't like their wives or girlfriends to be wearing revealing clothing because it makes them feel like they're dressing up for someone else. I'm not doing that of course, but most of those women aren't either. That doesn't stop the men from saying something about it though.

"Because even if you were wearing the ugliest fucking sweater and a pair of dirty old jeans, people would still stare at you and think of how beautiful you are. Plus, even if I did care, it's your body, not mine."

Do you know how they say there's no perfect answer to a question? Roman may have just made one. Multiple, actually.

This is the moment I should tell him. Tell him every cringe, loving statement I've wanted to tell him ever since the day I met him, but I don't. I just smile like an idiot and let him kiss me. I know I made that promise. I know I ranted about how life is too short and to tell people how you feel, but it's honestly not as easy as it sounds. I'm very vulnerable with Roman. Telling him all of that feels like another step towards that vulnerability that I'm trying to achieve, but failing at miserably.

~~~~

Ivy pulls up to our house with one of Eldon's team members who is driving and he takes us to the party while our bodyguard follows behind the car. Roman insisted that he drop me off, but I told him that I would be fine with how much security we have with us and also the amount that is expected at the party.

Iris, Skyler, and Bethane all meet us at the party, wearing beautiful, pink dresses as well.

After we literally squeal and all tell each other about a million times how amazing one-another looks, we make our way inside.

Everything is decorated with pink decorations. The streamers, the balloons, even the waitresses and waiters.

"Champagne?" The waiter asks us all right when we step in.

Ivy, Iris, and Skyler take one while Bethane and I kindly decline.

"Ivy!" A brunette, tall woman comes over and hugs Ivy, and I'm guessing she's the host by the tiara on top of her head. That's just a guess though.

"Nora! These are my best friends Iris, Skyler, Alaiya, and Bethane," Ivy introduces us all.

We smile at her with that awkward face you have whenever you meet someone that one of your friends already knows but you don't.