The Opening Challenge - Part 1

(3rd persons POV)

The Eagles after party got competitive real quick. The new kid Alex was locked in an arm wrestling match with Parker, the rest of the Eagles were on Parker's side as they chanted Parker's name, Sophie filming the whole thing on her Louie.

"How you gonna let this kid beat you like that?" Daniel said over his friends shoulder, who was struggling to hang on. Brooke then noticed Alex's Louie on the table vibrate, she picked it up reading the 'sweet dreams' message from his sister.

"Aww how sweet." She said showing it to everyone, distracting Alex enough for Parker to push his hand to the table. "Look Daniel, Alex needs his big sister to tell him a bed time story." 

"I still don't know why your dad excepted him." Daniel scoffed. Brooke threw the Louie back on the table while saying, 

"He's too nice, that's his problem." The couple walked away, all the Eagles following behind, except for Sophie. Alex got up from the tables, sitting in the window seat before Sophie came up to him.

"Give me a smile!" She said holding up her Louie camera.

"No, no I'm not in the mood." Alex sighed,

"Oh come on it's for the official Greenhouse blog." She pleaded. "It'll give the Eagles a chance to get it know you better." He just shook his head while Sophie pulled on his arm. "Hey come on, come on." He groaned while she pulled him out of the seat. He sighed and gave a weak smile. "Come on, you can do better than that. All right show me the muscles then." Sophie said flexing with one arm, convincing Alex to do the same. "Show them to me. Good! Hey you look great. Fierce baby." She laughed. "Good, show me your abs, there we go! You see, you're a natural!" She smiled scrolling through the pictures. "Thanks Alex." Sophie ran in the direction of the girls dorm room to upload the pictures, passing by Kiara who was shooting on the mini basketball hoop. She thought about what Jason said to her, but at the same time Jason wasn't here right now. She walked in the boys direction, pulling a chair up, sitting backwards on the chair facing him.

"Hey." She said.

"Hi." Alex replied, slightly confused. 

"Rough first day ay?" She asked. He nodded.

"Should you be talking to me?" Alex asked her. "Being friends with Daniel and all?"

"Oh screw Daniel I'm not scared of him." She answered. "Besides I'm friends with the real Daniel. You know, the Daniel that has feelings." Alex flashed a small smile.

"So he's not always like that." He asked her. She shook her head no.

"Don't get your hopes up. He's probably not going to warm up to you." Kiara said. "He doesn't like people that get in his way."

"So I'm in his way?" Alex questions.

"You passed the entrance exam, so your obviously smart, you crushed your tryout, so he's worried about you taking his spotlight." She explains. "You didn't hear that from me though."

"Got it." Alex said leaning his head on the wall. 

"I'm Kiara by the way." She said. 

"Alex." He replied. 

"Trust me I know." Kiara says. "Listen if you start banging threes like you did at your tryout in games, you might get on Daniels good side. On the court that is."

"You want to walk about hitting threes let's talk about that shot you hit when I walked in." Alex complimented her. 

"Thank you." She said sarcastically flipping hair over her shoulder.