Black Smoke - Part 1

(3rd Person POV)

After going to Hayleys house and convincing her to come back to the greenhouse and start worrying about herself more, Captain Leo lead his newest Raven back to the clubhouse.

"Ladies and Gentleman, I give you Hayley Woods." Leo says earning a huge cheer from the Ravens.

"Stop your embarrassing me." Hayley laughs.

"Good job at bringing her back." Jackie says to Leo.

"I barely did anything." Leo says looking at Hayley, She practically jumped in the car."

"No I didn't!" Hayley denies.

"I swear I've never saw someone pack a bag so quick." Leo chuckled. "She practically waited at the window for me to show up." Hayley shook her head no and mouthed to the Ravens 'Liar'.

—————

At the Eagles basketball game, Kiara was still sitting in between the cheerleaders and basketball players bench when Alex passed by her,

"Alex!" She called out stopping him. "Brooke and I saw Hayley in the driveway with Leo, she's back.

"Really?" He asked as she nodded. "That's great thank you." Alex jogged back over to the basketball warm ups Kiara sat back down looking over her shoulder at Jason and Judy sitting a few rows up giving them a 'Ha!' Smile.

The game was back and forth as most rivalry games are. Alex being the new kid, didnt get a lot of playing time but kept cheering and slapping the hands of every player that sat down. Towards the end of the game, Parker dished the ball to Daniel, Daniel shot faked his defender took a dribble, took a shot and missed, coming down a limping leg. Coach Davis called a time out, Daniel limped over for the time out with only a few minutes. 

"Hayward, take a break on the bench." Coach Davis said after the timeout. "Woods you warmed up, get in there." Alex stood, earning a smile from Kiara on the cheerleaders bench, who was happy for her friend getting an opportunity.

"Coach there's two minutes left, let me finish this game!" Daniel protests. Coach Davis shakes his head and tells Alex to go. Alex thinks about it,

"Sorry Coach, If Daniel says he's fine he should be in the game" Alex says. Coach Davis nods for Daniel to go and he runs back out to the game and hits two shots that close out the game and get the Eagles the win. The Eagles fans all stood cheering for their team beating their rivals, the bench players ran to the court to celebrate with the players on the court.

"I'll never forget this Alex." Daniel says to Alex. Alex nods, happy he could have finally earned Daniels respect. Alex returned a smile before Daniel collapses into him. Their teammates quickly helped Alex lower him to the ground. Catching the eye of everyone in the gym. 

An ambulance was quickly called to rush Daniel to the hospital, Sophie and Kiara practically had to restrain Brooke as he was wheeled into the back of the ambulance. Brooke eventually left to catch a ride to the hospital with Judy and her dad, while the rest of the Eagles had to wait and see back at the clubhouse.

————— 

Sophie and Kiara had distanced themselves from most of the Eagles in the clubhouse when Brooke called with an update.

"You didn't suspect anything?" Sophie asked.

"I knew he was going through something but I chose to ignore it." Brooke responds. "Now look what happened."

"Brooke like I already told you, you can't blame yourself." Kiara says, "you didn't do anything wrong."

"I should have insisted he tell me the truth, the doctors here, I'll call you guys later." She says before hanging up.