Prologue

(3rd Person POV)

It's the climax of almost every sports movie to ever exist, but for Kiara Lucas, it was straight up reality. The fourteen year old basketball sensation was playing for one of the best AAU basketball programs in California, the Wolfpack Basketball Club. Playing in a tournament semi final, she had just gone up for a layup, took a bump and crashed and burned, her knee buckling as she fell. She was now being carried of by her two coaches, her teammates looking on in concern for their star player. 

Her mother had ran off to get the car to take her to a doctor, because she knew her daughter would not be helped of the court unless she was seriously injured, but Kiara was so dedicated to her team, she had refuse to leave the game until it was over, though she was riving in pain while the ice on her knee and the pain meds she kept in her bag for cramps were doing nothing. The Wolves did win the game and would go to the finals of the tournament tomorrow, but all focus was on Kiara.

Her mother and teammates helped her into the back of their car, driving off to the nearest hospital, to sit in the Emergency Room waiting room. She was eventually seen by a doctor, who ordered an X-ray, though everyone in the room knew what was wrong. Even Kiara. The doctors and nurse both looked at the X-ray, and came to the diagnosis of a ACL tear and partial MCL tear. Every athletes worst fear. Kiara and her mother Angela, scheduled surgery to reconstruct her ligaments for a week from that day before heading back to their hotel.

The now shelved basketball stars team had been calling her for an update the whole time but Kiara was trying her best to keep it together, but as soon as she walked into her hotel room on her new crutches, she fell on the bed, bursting into tears. ACL tears almost always mean nine to twelve months of not being able to compete. She eventually had to tell her teammates, who were crushed, her coaches were heart broken, seeing such a talent go down with a terrible injury. She sat on the bench with her coaches and teammates for the championships the next morning, the game was close but the wolves did lose. 

After going out to dinner with her team and heading back to her hotel, the two of them drove back to home. Now the hard part for Kiara was having to tell her two family friends, Daniel and Brooke. Daniel and Kiaras mother had both introduced Kiara to basketball when she was a little kid. Daniel and Brooke were the most helpful during her recovery process and were the first people to visit her when she woke up from surgery. After Kiara made it home from surgery, Daniel and Brooke handed her a greenhouse academy brochure. And it all took off from there.

One Year Later

Kiara applied and was accepted into the Greenhouse and spent the next year recovering from her injury at the Greenhouse. She joined the Eagles and found a home with all of them. She was eventually was cleared to go back to physical activity, and began to play pickup basketball with the boys team. Her AAU teammates told her she was welcome back anytime, though she had never found the confidence to play in a game. 

Through all the good things there was only one bad thing. Judy Hayward. Now Kiara grew up around Judy, and she was basically her aunt she never had. But never did Kiara ever imagine Judy could get involved with the people she got involved with. She quickly learned the network of people Judy had working for. Marcus, the Greenhouse academy grounds keeper and Jason Osmond, Brookes brothers, and the Dean of the Greenhouse. Judy was working for someone they always referred to as 'The Client' who was paying them to use Ryan Woods's discovery to hurt people.

Now Kiara fits into all of this by being Judy's ears on the inside, because the discovery is on the campus of the Greenhouse. Though her son Daniel is apart of the Greenhouse, she didn't want to make her son suspicious of anything. Now at first it was easy to keep Kiara quiet, all Judy had to do was say she could hurt the people she loved, which based on what Kiara had seen from Judy, that made all the sense in the world. Though that all changed her second year at the greenhouse.