The Spiral - Part 2

(3rd Person POV)

Daniel couldn't stop Kiara from running out of sight, so he had no choice to go back to the Biology lab, where eventually Hayley walked in with Brooke. Daniel sat her down across the table from her, handed her Oreo and turned on the spiral. 

"You're going to be absolutely fine." He says. "You ready?"

Hayley had left to make the situation less overwhelming, Leo had eventually caught up with her. 

"Hey Woods." He says. "So I figured something out." 

"I don't have time for this Leo." Hayley says. 

"There's two explanations for that photo." Leo continues. "Either you guys are together or you're hiding something else." 

"Or, there's a third option, where I don't owe you any explanations." Hayley goes to walk away from him. 

"You can't avoid me forever, Woods." Leo says. 

Okay, yeah." Hayley gives in. "Congratulations, you figured it out. Daniel and I are together. And I'm crazy about him. I didn't want it to go public this way, but hey, it did. Now I gotta go." 

Hayley just continued walking to get as far away from the situation as possible. This time a different guy caught up to her. This time, it was her brother.

"How could you do this to me?" He asks her. 

"Hey, Alex." She says, knowing what he's upset about. 

"I had a feeling something was going on between you two, but I thought, "Theres no way. There's no way she could do that do me." 

"Do that to you?" 

"This guy has been making my life miserable since I set foot in here." He steps in front of her. 

"Alex, please calm down. It's now what it looks like." Hayley says. 

"I'm not going to be calm about this Hayley!" Hayleys Louie then chimed and after Hayley read it, Alex could read her face. "Let me guess... a message from Daniel?" 

"I'll explain everything later. I promise." 

—————

"You okay Max?" Jackie asks Mac in the cafeteria before taking a sip of her smoothie. "You look even more nervous than usual."

"We haven't heard from Hayley yet." He answers. "That's not a good sign. She's taking too long."

"Relax, Max." Jackie says. 

"Hypnosis can be very dangerous, Jackie." Max continues. "Very dangerous. Some people don't come out of that state." 

"I can always count on you to cheer me up." Jackie says with a sarcastic smile. Jason walked across the room to pick up packages from a delivery man. 

"We should tell Jason." He suggests. 

"No way!" Jackie shakes her head, "If what Hayley and Daniel said about Brooke really happened, we don't know who we can trust, including Jason."

"What does that mean?" Max asks. 

"If Marcus is involved, how do we know who isn't?" She clarifies. 

"So you're saying I can't trust anyone?" Max asks again. 

"You can trust me, you know." Jackie says.

"Well, I trusted Emma, and she disappeared." Max reminds her. 

"I promise you, I will not disappear." Jackie looks out of the corner of her eye to the delivery man Jason had just been talking to. "Wait, are you certain Jason sent back Emma's chess set?"