Meant to Be - Part 1

(3rd Person POV) 

"I just don't get it!" Kiara says, she and Judy still 'arguing' outside of the cave. "Why do you enjoy ruining my life? I have to do all these things for you. I have to deliver money to this random guys car so you don't get caught, I had to help knock out Carter Woods so that same guy could steal files from his computer but you won't tell me what it is!"

"You don't need to know what it is," Judy shakes her head. "And I'm not ruining your life."

"Well it feels pretty close to ruined!" Kiara says.

"Deal with it," Judy says. "I have things to do." She stepped back towards the rock door that opened without her even touching it.

"Yeah, evil, probably super illegal things." Kiara yelled as the door starts to close. "And when you get caught you're going to take me down with you and I'll be stuck in prison for the rest of my life, then my life is really over!" Judy was gone and the rock door was shut. "I know someone in there can still hear me! I'm going to figure out what you people are doing. I'll turn you into the cops myself, even if I go down with you!"

—————

Trying to keep herself together from the pressure from Judy, whether the things she's been saying were true or not. Kiara walked back into the clubhouse. Her mind still absolutely racing. 

Would she really go after Alex if she didn't do what she said? Was her dad really alive, could she hurt him or her mother if she didn't do what she was told?

"She's back." Sophie whispers to Alex as they sat at a table. "Go."

"Where has she been." Alex wonders. "I don't think she had class."

"Who cares? Go" Sophie says. "Only way to get answers out of her." The second Alex stood from the table, the ground began to shake. All the Eagles in the room looked at each other with the same look of fear. They knew what was about to happen. Some of them tried to hold onto something to keep from falling, while a few dove to the ground under the tables in the room. 

Trophies and plagues fell from the shelves, glass started to shatter, lighting fixtures began to swing from the ceiling. 

"Theres no answer!" Brooke yells after trying to call Daniels Louie. No one could stop her when she stumbled across the room to the door. 

"This thing is taking way too long!" Parker says after they were about 45 seconds into the quake. "There's no way this building can make it!" While Tammy and Kiara were hiding out under a table, Alex and a few others under tables across from them, Sophie stood between both of them with her Louie.

"My name is Sophie Cardona. I'm a student at the Greenhouse! It is now 3:16 in the afternoon." She yells to her Louie. "This is the longest earthquake I can remember. If we're gone and you find this video..."

"Sophie, listen!" Parker interrupted her. "I just want you to know I've always wanted us to be together. Sophie, I love you!" Just as he said that, the room went quiet. And the ground stopped shaking. Sophie was frozen as Parker tried to play it off. "Tammy, Alex, Kia, you guys okay?" He reached down under the tables to help them up. "Everybody good?"

"Good." Tammy says. "Kia, Kia? You okay?" She was spacing out, already thinking about something.

"I'm fine." She shakes her head. Everyone was looking around at the damaged clubhouse, not knowing what to do next. Kiara's head was already racing again. She knew what Ryan Woods was researching, magnetite, and its ability to predict earthquakes. Judy ran back into the cave, claiming she had things to do, not 10 minutes later, an earthquake struck the Greenhouse.