The Opening Challenge - Part 2

(3rd Person POV)

"So the riddle said ten from the sea, but I don't think he meant the ocean." Hayley says pointing to the beach mural on the wall.

"Nice job woods." Leo said walking to the corner where the water was painted. He walked ten paces from the corner, ending up in front of a small box filled with sand. "You want to do the honors?" Leo asks hand Hayley the little wooded shovel. She brushed some sand around until she found the key hidden inside.

"Honors of what?" Alex said from behind them, Hayley turned facing her brother, key in hand. "I know you'd find it."

"Here take it." Hayley says tossing him the key.

"What are you doing Woods?" Leo asked.

"Take it." Hayley said again. "The stupid Eagles will worship you if you come back with it." Alex held the key in his hand, thinking about Hayleys offer, before giving her the key back.

"I don't need your hand downs." He says before walking off back to the beach. Meanwhile Sophie had once again, had been watching and filming from afar. 

Hayley and Leo took the key back to Louis, who was very proud of his students. He called all the Eagles and Ravens back to the classroom, Louis giving out another speech, only half the students were in a mood to hear.

"A wise leader always thinks outside of the box." Louis says. "And the Ravens understood that, so they went to the painting on the wall instead of looking in the most obvious place." The ravens applauded their captain and Louis, while the Eagles were silent. Leo unlocked the case, taking the stick out handing it to Hayley. 

"Me?" Hayley questions.

"You earned it." Leo responds. Hayley shot her brother a look before taking it from Leo, flipping it in her hand before hitting the center of the gong. The Ravens cheering once again.

"I know pronounce the Ravens the winners of the opening challenge!" Louis said through their cheers. The Eagles listened to a "Ravens" chant the whole way back to their club house. The Ravens walk back into their clubhouse, lead by Leo and Hayley to tables full of food and drinks.

—————

Back at the Eagles clubhouse, all the Eagles sat on the couches and chairs in complete silence after loosing having to listen to the Ravens music from around the corner.

"Man that pizza smelled so good." An Eagle said.

"It's all my fault." Daniel says, taking responsibility for his team.

"Hey," Sophie says leaning forward, "you're not the reason we lost." She shot Alex a glance before pulling out her Louie showing the Eagles the video she took of Alex, Hayley and Leo.

"You let her win?" Parker asked in disgust.

"Alex, is more loyal to his sister than the Eagles." Sophie says.

"She's the one who found it. She tried giving it to me." Alex says, arms over his chest.

"Why would she do that?" Brooke asks.

"Because that's how she is." Alex explains. "She cares more about me than she does about the stupid competition."

"So you admit you could have taken the key." Daniel asked. 

"Yeah." Alex says, earning scoffs from a bunch of Eagles. "But that would be cheating, that's not honorable."

"Honor?" Daniel questions. "There's nothing honorable about betraying your team."

—————

After the Eagles found out about Alex giving up the win and things had calmed down a bit a handful of students were quietly studying in the clubhouse, while the basketball team was going to the gym to play some pickup basketball. Daniel and Parker stuck their head out of the locker area, looking for Kiara.