Escape Mechanism - Part 1

(3rd Person POV) 

The day continued on, no one had seen Kiara. Daniel didn't seem to care, or almost even notice. He was busy in the empty cafeteria having a late dinner with his mom.

"It's over." He said, with almost no emotion. 

"But why?" His mom asks. "She adores you."

"Yeah, well not anymore." He shrugs. "She's more concerned with Kiara and her new no-good boyfriend to care about us." He said that, knowing it wasn't even partially true. 

"Oh? Who's Kias boyfriend?" She asks.

"Alex." Daniel rolls his eyes. "They'll deny it if you ask them though."

"The new kid?" Judy questions. "Are you sure?"

"They slow danced in front of the entire school." Daniel tells her. "I'm pretty sure."

"Well Brooke made a huge mistake." Judy puts her cup down, "Does she even know who she had?"

"Okay, Mom." Daniel sighs. "Can we stop talking about this."

"Well you're better off thats all I have to say about that." Judy shrugs. 

"No I'm not." Daniel corrects her. "She's an amazing girl and I was stupid enough to drive her away. I was angry so I acted like a jerk around her."

"A real woman doesn't quit when it gets a little tough." Judy says. "So disappointing. She is not the person I thought she was."

"Funny." Daniel smirks, "She said the same thing about you."

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"Nothing. Forget it." Daniel tried to leave it at that, but his mothers glares made him give in. "For some reason, she was convinced you made the Taser barb evidence disappear."

"What? That's nonsense." Judy brushed it off.

"At least now I don't have to deal with her conspiracy theories anymore."

—————

"Hey you guys, no ones seen Kia yet?" Sophie asks coming into the clubhouse, and no one answered her. "Great, so Kia still missing, now I can't find Brooke either."

"Ask Kia's new boyfriend where she is." Daniel scoffs. "Oh you wouldn't know, since she probably already dumped you. Look man I'm saving you the trouble. She's the kinda girl that would be hard to get over"

"Okay well, we were never dating first of all, second, why would you care if we were dating? It shouldn't matter to you." Alex shoots back. "You cause enough relationship drama to be concerned about what we are."

"What did you just say to me!" Daniel angrily got up with his crutches. 

"I'm not afraid of you Daniel." Alex says, unfazed. "And don't be mad at me or Kia for what happened with you and Brooke. You did that on your own."

"Hey, hey, hey, hey let's all calm down." Sophie jumps back in. "Neither of you have seen Brooke."

—————

Brooke hadn't disappeared willingly, by any means. After being dumped in a prison cell that was in an underground cave on the beach, by Eric, who was supposed to take her to the FBI station, Marcus, the Greenhouse grounds keeper and longtime family friend of Brookes family, sat behind a computer at a desk, watching his boss, Judy lecture Brooke. 

"You know I always thought you Greenhouse students had way too much free time." Judy says, "Take my son, for instance, with the Taser..." 

"Good thing you were able to destroy the evidence." Brooke mumbles, slouched on the bench in her prison cell. 

"I wish he knew." Judy shrugs. "You know I don't think he appreciates his mother enough. But we're not here to talk about Daniel, right. No. We both know what we're here, don't we." Judy sits down next to Brooke. "Did you really think that I was gonna sit by quietly while you spread all those rumors about me?"

"Eric's working for you too." Brooke realized. "Of course. Everyone's working for you."

"Be grateful Eric was the only one you confided in..." Judy scoffs. "Or you wouldn't be sitting here. And trust me, you don't want to know the rest of the people I've got working for me. It would get a lot worse than Eric."

"How could you do this to me?" Brooke asks. "We know each other for years, I was Daniel girlfriend."

"And you broke his heart." Judy says. "You deserve to be sitting here just for that." 

—————

"You know what to do right?" Judy asks Marcus after they worked in silence outside of Brookes cell. 

"Are you sure?" Marcus asks back. Judy answered with just the look on her face.

"What are you going to do to me?" Brooke asks before and alarm went off in the cave. 

"I think he wants in." Marcus says looking at a monitor Brooke couldn't see. 

"What's going on?" Brooke asks. 

"I'll take care of this." Judy gets up leaving the table. 

—————

"Where's Brooke?" Jason asks once Judy joined him outside. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." Judy plays innocent.

"Don't play with me, Judy! Family is where I draw the line." Jasons says. "I know you know where my sister is."

"So you're okay with manipulating Greenhouse Students, but only some of them."

"The line is crosse when it comes to family, Judy." Jasons says impatiently. "Where's my sister."

"I can assure you, she's in good hands." Judy smiles. 

"I want to see my sister!" He demands. 

"Okay, be my guest." Judy shrugs. "I'm sure she'd love to know that her brothers working with me too."

—————

"If neither of them are back by dinner I'm going to Louis." Sophie says. She and Alex sat at a table doing some school work, in the almost empty Eagles clubhouse. Almost empty other than Daniel sitting on one of the couches.  "Maybe he can call that FBI agent again, I just have a bad feeling about this."

"I think we should go now." Alex says. "They've both been gone all day without a trace. I don't think we should keep waiting."

"Yeah I think you're right." Sophie stood packing up her things. "Let's go." Then the clubhouse door swing open. 

"Brooke?" Alex says, catching her attention. 

"Brooke, are you okay? Where have you been all day!" Sophie asks. "We have all been looking everywhere for you."

"I'm fine." Brooke answers, with not emotion.

"Was Kia with you?" Alex asks. 

"Yeah she's been missing all day too." Sophie adds.

"No. I haven't seen her." Brooke answers in the same tone, before walking to the couch Daniel sat on. The two exchanged a few words, quietly enough so Alex and Sophie couldn't hear. Brooke then sat down, and kissed him. Shocking both Alex and Sophie.

"Okay why is everything so weird today?" Alex asks.

"I don't know." Sophie stares through her best friend. "We still need to get to security."

A/N - WELCOME TO SEASON TWO

Also sorry for the short chapter, but this episode was full of flashbacks that I didn't need to write, soooo you get bout 1000 words. 

Peace ✌️ 

-Addy