Breaking and Entering - Part 1

(3rd person POV)

After Daniel went on his morning run, he snuck back into the Eagles locker room, limping on one leg. He sat down on a bench pulling down his sock to see he was bleeding through the bandage wrapped around his leg. He got up to open his locker, digging to the back pulling out the pain relief medicine he was keeping. He took a swallow of it before quickly putting it away as his girlfriend came in the room.

"Hey." Brooke says from behind Daniel.

"Hey." Daniel said with his usual smile.

"Everything okay Daniel? You look stressed." Brooke asked.

"Yeah I've just been thinking about that Whitney game, you know." Daniel answered.

"You look pale, maybe you should take it easy." Brooke pointed out. Daniel smiled, leaning down and kissing her,

"See I'm fine," he said still smiling.

—————

The Eagles and Ravens all were down in the cafeteria for breakfast, a bunch of Ravens, including Leo, Hayley, Jackie, Max and Emma, and a group of Eagles, Daniel, Brooke, Parker and Sophie sat a booth. Kiara and Alex had just left the weight room to join the Eagles for breakfast. When the two walked in together, Hayley waved at her brother. 

"Hey Alex." She called out. Alex just look at her with almost no expression before they sat down at the booth with the others.

"I told you he needs some space." Leo says after Hayley turns back to the Ravens. Annoyed with the situation, Hayley cleaned up her food and left.

—————

After breakfast, the students were hanging out in their clubhouses before classes start, Daniel and the basketball team had a team practice, after he snuck away again, to down another dose of pain relief. He put the lock back on his locker before turning around surprised to see Brooke standing there.

"Hey babe." Daniel said.

"Good practice?" Brooke asked.

"Yeah we're gonna kill Whitney." Daniel says confidently.

"I know you will." Brooke smiles

"Well I got rock climbing class next." Daniel said.

"Cool, I have meditation coming up." Brooke says before Daniel kissed he again,

"Love you." He said on the way out the door. Brooke was curious and concerned about her boyfriend, she waited for Daniel to leave before going up to Daniels locked to see if it was unlocked. When she couldn't get it open another idea came to her head.

—————

After the Eagles went through a few morning classes, they waited for Alex to talk about their revenge plan. Kiara and Alex, who had been hanging out after class were making their way back to the clubhouse, busy having a conversation about which NCAA basketball teams are better.

"Oh here's a hard one, Villanova, or Kansas?" Alex asked.

"Oh that's so easy," Kiara laughed as they walked into the clubhouse. "Kansas Jayhawks all the way." Alex nodded in approval just before both of them stopped when they noticed all the Eagles sitting on the couches and chairs looking at them.

"Perfect timing kid." Daniel says.

"Have a seat." Parker said. Alex leaned over to Kiara,

"Is this some sort of Eagles initiation?" He whispered.

"Not that I'm aware of." She said as confused as he was.

"What's going on guys." Kiara asked while she and Alex walked to sit down with the rest of them.