Kyle - Part 1

(3rd Person POV)

Everyone waited for Hayley to come back from meeting Leo. Daniel was anxiously pacing around the room. 

"I knew Hayley shouldn't have gone with him." He says. "That's it. I'm gonna go see my mom." 

"Wait! Don't go yet!" Brooke says. "We should wait for Hayley."

"No. I'm done waiting." He turns back to leave. "I'm going." That's when Hayley walked in the door, with Leo behind her. She walked right past Daniel to her brother, while Leo and Daniel stared down one another, Hayley said to her brother, 

"Theres something I need to tell you." 

Hayley told her brother exactly what Leo just told her. Their mother hadn't died in the spacecraft explosion. Marcus had her unconscious in a secret room in their cave. And Leo had seen her with his own eyes. 

"That's impossible Hayley." Alex says. 

"Leo saw her." She says softly. 

"She's alive, Alex." Leo nods back. "Marcus will wake her when they've accomplished their mission. Whatever, that is."

"So he knew? He knew where she was the whole time?" He asks. "And he let us just suffer and mourn."

"I don't think he had a choice." Leo says. Daniel just wasn't convinced. 

"Why would Marcus tell you all this?" He asks. 

"I guess he trusted me to deliver his message." Leo answers. 

"He just let you see Ryan and just walked you right outta there?" Daniel asks again. "Am I the only one who thinks this doesn't make sense?" 

"What exactly are you trying to say?" Leo asks, starting to get annoyed. 

"I don't know, Leo." 

"Daniel, he just saw my mom." Hayley adds. 

"Look, I know you want to believe him-"

"I do believe him!" She yells. 

"Did you forget the last time Marcus had a one-on-one talk with someone?" Daniel asks her. 

"I was sure he was gonna hypnotize me, but he didn't." Leo says. "I think he just really wanted to talk to someone. He hates working for these people. He was tempted by the money at first, but now he's in too deep. So is Ryan." 

"How deep exactly?" Jackie asks. "Do we have any idea what they are planning?" 

All I know is whatever it is, it'll all be over in a few hours." Leo answers. 

"We don know they know when an earthquake is gonna happen." Max adds. "Maybe they're just waiting for another earthquake?" 

"That makes no sense." Brooke says. "What the use in waiting for an earthquake to hit you?" 

"You're right, and we shouldn't be waiting either!" Daniel jumps back in the conversation. "A lot of bad things can happen in a few hours. I'm gonna go find my mom."

"No!" Alex yells to stop him from leaving. "We're not going to do anything. We're gonna wait here, till Marcus wake our mom up.

—————

Marcus was busy typing away on his computer in the cave, Judy was pacing around with a smug smile while she chatted with the client over the phone. 

"We're at the final stages." She says. "It'll be no more than two hours." 

"Good." Says the distorted voice of the client. "Now, if you don't mind, I want you to open the cave door."

"Why?" Judy asks, sharing a glance with Marcus.