Home - Part 1

(3rd Person POV) 

The game had cleared out except for the players and their couple of friends, but something still wasn't right.

"Did you reach her?" Daniel asks Brooke, who was trying to call Hayley. 

"No." She answers as Jackie and Leo came up the stairs to join them. "Have you guys heard from Hayley?"

"No." Jackie says. 

"We should go look for her." Leo turned to go back down the stairs, when a bunch of police officers burst in the room. 

"Nobody move we're securing the premises." One of them said. No one was let out the door.

The cops had rounded up the handfuls of students still in the gym and made them wait in the bleachers while they were talking. Alex had gone over to try and talk his way out of it with his dad being and FBI agent, while Kiara had taken a few steps away from the group. She still could listen into the cave's security cameras, and need to see if Hayley was in there. 

"What are you smiling about?" Hayleys voice asked. "You're going to rot in jail for the rest of your life."

"Oh, no. I don't think so." Another voice said. A voice Kiara had only head a few times, though she knew who it was. Kyle. "See, I just wired a time bomb to the magnetite. The explosion will destroy the entire Greenhouse, and by the time they clear the debris, I'll be long gone. So, enjoy your reunion. You've got about two and half minutes to catch up." 

She quickly grabbed Leo's shoulder and Daniels arm pulling them away from their conversations.

"Listen!" She whispered. "Hayleys trapped in the cave with a bomb on a timer. I'll distract the cops, go to the back door, Jackie is picking the lock. Go!" Daniel had about taken off at her words of "Hayley's trapped in the cave with a bomb on a timer." But stayed close enough to hear what she said, Leo then joined him, sprinting across the basketball court. Before the cops could notice Daniel and Leo, Kiara had ran over to where Alex was talking to a cop, yelling, "Hey! You can't keep us here! Let us out!" And her classmates followed suit, while Jackie busted the door open for Daniel and Leo. 

Daniel and Leo sprinted around all the cops that were searching the area until they got to where the cave was, but didn't know how to open it. 

"Marcus! Marcus! You have to let Leo and Daniel in!" Hayley yells to Marcus from inside the cave, after seeing them on the security cameras. The semi-conscious Marcus continued to crawl across the floor to the button on the side of the table. "Come on, press the button! So close! Press it!" He finally made it, pressed the button, and a few seconds later, Daniel and Leo burst through the door. 

"Hayley!" Leo yells. "Where's the bomb!" 

"There!" Hayley points to behind the thick glass wall where the magnetite was kept. 

"How do we get the door open?" Leo asks while Daniel pulled on the door.

"There's a special key that unlocks the door. They took it with them." Ryan says. 

"Just go!" Hayley says. "Go! Leave! Go!"

"We're not leaving you here!" Daniel says. That when Hayley noticed the odd shape of the lock on the door. It was shaped like a triangle. "There's gotta be a spare key."

"Could it be this?" Hayley pulls the triangular prism thing she found in her moms safe from her pocket. 

"How did you—"

"I found it in you safe." Hayley passed the key through the bars to Daniel. "Go. Go!"

Daniel through the door open, he and Leo grabbed onto either side of it, and ran it out the door. A few tense seconds later, Hayley and Ryan heard an explosion from outside the cave. Marcus had started to wake up enough to throw Hayley and Ryan the keys to the cell, so Hayley could run after them. To her relief, when she got outside, Leo and Daniel were picking them selves off the ground, and the bomb had exploded out over the water. She ran to hug both of them, together, and Daniel pulled away and handed her the key.