Bad Decisions - Part 2

(3rd Person POV)

Leo and Aspen were able to pry the last board that had been nailed to the wall, finally getting Jackie and Max out of the lab.

"Thank God!" Jackie hugged Leo after they got the door open. "Hey, we owe you big time."

"It's okay, you don't owe me anything." Aspen says.

"I better run upstairs to bring the servers back on." Max pushed past the three of them and took off running down the hallway.

"Thank you, Aspen." Leo says. "I'm really glad you're on our side."

—————

Max had sprinted his way up to Louis and Jasons office, and after checking the coast was clear, ran to Jasons computer. He had just got past the login screen when the door opened again, and Jason walked though. Max jumped up, backing a couple steps away. Jason didn't say anything, all he did was walk to his desk, slowly, and scribble something down on a piece of paper.

"Here." He hands the paper to Max.

"What's this?" Max asks.

"Emma's new number." Jason answers. Max quickly grabbed the paper to look at it. "Go back to your laptop, I'll turn the servers back on." With that, Max was out the door.

—————

"Initiate the countdown." Kyle says to Max.

"But Judy's not-"

"Now!" He yells. "Don't test me. Do it."

"It's all my fault." Ryan says to her daughter while electricity started to surround the magnetite. "I discovered the linkage between this magnetite and seismic activity. My goal was to prevent earthquakes."

"And they found a way to reverse it."

—————

Max had made it back to the computer lab, now with Jackie, Leo and Aspen, and Emma's new number they used to call her.

"I miss you guys so much." She says.

"I know, Emma, but we're running out of time." Max says.

"Right, right, okay. Um, I set up a crypto bypass in the system so you can circumvent the encryption process. Can you see it?"

"Yes I see it." Max nods.

"How will this stop the bad guys?" Aspen asks, she still really wasn't up to speed on the situation.

—————

"Once the satellite is online, it will detect the magnetite and interfere with its magnetism." Ryan whispers to Hayley. That should automatically shut down their system."

"We have less than a minute left boss." Kyle had answered his ringing phone. "It's set to 8.4 on the Richter scale."

—————

"Hello?" Leo says through his Louie. "I need to speak with Brandon Thomas. This is Leo Cruz, from the Greenhouse. Yeah, tell him his satellite is about to come back to life."

"What's taking so long?" Max wonders.

"Must be a delay." Emma's voice says. "Because we're interfering with their VPN network.

"Come on, come on, come on."

"Max, it may not work at all, you know."

—————

There was only about thirty seconds left on the countdown, and Marcus had enough. He slapped Kyles hand away from him and landed a punch to his stomach, but Kyles to men were all over him. Once Kyle got back to his feet he yelled,