Bad Decisions - Part 1

(3rd Person POV)

Jackie and Max were still screaming from the computer lab, trying to get someone to hear them, while Daniel, Alex and Kiara continued to buy the group more time at the basketball game. After Sophie had given ALex a head shake to signal more time, he had the ball at the top of the key, and instead of throwing the ball to Parker, who was wide open, tried to throw it to Daniel, who let the pass get picked off by another player.

"Hey, keep doing that." Daniel says to him as they ran back up the court. 

—————

Kyle had successfully trapped Jackie and Max in the computer lab and was making his way back to the cave. Hayley had hidden behind the rocks outside the cave, and when Kyle scanned his hand to get in, Hayley snuck in behind him. 

"Where is Judy?" Kyle asked Marcus once in the cave. "Don't tell me she's still at that stupid game." 

"She'll be here any minute." Marcus says. "The H-hour is set to the games end." 

"Amateurs." Kyle sighs, thats when Marcus noticed Hayley hiding in the doorway. Marcus typed on his computer to send electricity through the magnetite rock that kept Kyle and his two men distracted for Hayley to run to the far end of the cave. 

"I have to check the servers." Marcus says, shuffling towards Hayley's hiding spot. "I'm sorry. What are you doing here? You can't be here." He whispered to her.

"Where's my mom?" She asks. Marcus hesitated before opening the secret door that lead to the second room.

"Get in." Marcus says. Hayley didn't think twice before running through so Marcus could shut the door quickly behind her.

Hayley ran around the short corner, to see an empty bed. IV machine and oxygen masks next to it. As she reached down to touch it, feeling it was still warm, someone else in the room said, 

"Hayley?" 

—————

"Be aggressive! Don't let them get to the rim!" Coach Davis yells at his team. Brooke snuck down towards the bench and whispered over Kiara's shoulder. 

"We need more time." She says. 

"Don't worry, I have an idea." Kiara said back. 

"Lucas, go get Seth." Her coach says to her. She sat in front of the scorers table until the referees called for subs. After subbing out Seth, she whispered to Daniel,

"Hey see if you can set me up on a layup." 

"Okay? Why though?" He asks. 

"I might give my mom a heart attack, but it will buy us more time." She reached down and tapped her knee brace.

"Oh, okay, I got you." He nods as they ran back up the court. Parker dribbled the ball up and Daniel cut away from his defender and called for the ball. Parker threw it to him and cut to the basket, Kiara used Parker as a screen to get away from her defender, for Daniel to throw a pass to her. She took the pass of the dribble to the basket, intentionally missed the layup, and fell to the floor on the landing, holding her knee. One of the referees and Daniel came over to check on her, and the referee bought Kiara's acting, and called on the athletic trainer. 

"You are okay, right?" Daniel quietly asked her after he had crouched down to the floor. 

"I'm good." She says through a fake wince. "I'll buy us as much time as I can." She kept the pain look on her face while the trainer came over. Each coach called the team over to the bench, though Alex was on her way over. Daniel put a hand on his shoulder to stop him and bring him back towards the bench,