More Than a Hunch - Part 1

(3rd Person POV)

"Daniel?" Brooke says after looking around the Biology lab with a confused look on her face. 

"Hey. It's me, Brooke. Everything's okay." Daniel says. "You just came out of hypnosis."

"What?" She asks. Hayley passes Daniel a water bottle for Brooke. 

"What do you remember?" 

"I remember a cave...  There was a cell, Marcus wouldn't let me out." Brooke then noticed the board with the name written on it. 

"What did he want from you?" Daniel asks. 

"He kept apologizing but he wouldn't let me go." She answers. "And then she came over."

"Who?" 

"Your mother." 

"Why would she do something like that." Daniel looks over to Hayley then back to Brooke. 

"Brooke was on to her. I guess she didn't have any other choice." Hayley says. "What else can you remember about where you were? Try to think about what you saw. Sounds, smells?" 

"It was... It was dark." Brooke stutters. "I heard a lot of beeping sounds, like computer sounds. I saw some light. There was a giant black rock behind a glass wall... I- I don't know." 

"That sounds like the magnetite my mom discovered." Hayley adds.

"That's what connects your mom to my mom." Daniel says. Hayley turned to leave. "Where are you going?"

"To find Marcus." 

"Are you crazy?" He asks. 

"I'm not afraid of him and I think he wants to help." Hayley says. 

"He locked me up in a cell and hypnotized me." Brooke reminds her. 

"He's also the one who gave us the key word to wake you up. I have a feeling we can trust him."

Hayley marched her self down to Marcus's office and immediately started to knock on the door. She got no response, but Louis soon joined her.

"Is he here?" The headmaster asks, holding a letter in his hand.

"No, I don't think so." Hayley answers. 

"I got the strangest note from him." Louis pulls his keys from his pocket to open the door. He pushed the door open to see a bare, empty workshop. All of Marcus's things were gone. 

"When did he leave?" Hayley wonders. 

"I don't know. But he just sent me his letter of resignation." Louis answers. 

"What?" 

"That was precisely my reaction." Louis nods. "You know, I've been working with him since your mother was a student here."

"Yeah, I know."

"People are so unpredictable." Louis continues. "How could he just leave like this? Oh, I'm sorry, what did you need from Marcus? Maybe it's something I can help you with?"

"No, um, a light bulb went out in the clubhouse." She lies. "I'm gonna go back. See you."

—————

Keeping the secret that Ryan Woods was alive was tearing Kiara apart every time she saw Alex or passed Hayley in the hallway. Her only option was to just try and wait it out. Wait for whatever the 'mission' was so she could tell Alex everything. 

Alex had not enjoyed the day at all. He felt as if he was finally getting through to Kiara in the past few days. But when she went out of her way to avoid everyone, there was almost nothing her could do anymore. He just sat on the couch and hoped for a change.