The Client - Part 1

(3rd Person POV)

"What are we going to tell Louis?" Alex asks Sophie on their walk to the headmasters office. 

"That Kia's missing. Let's just start with that." Sophie answers. "No need to add on, 'oh yeah and your daughter is acting really weird'. Let's just deal with one problem at a time."

"Yeah, I'd agree." He says. "I just hope she's okay."

"You and me both." Sophie sighs. They rounded the last corner, almost running face first into Kiara, herself.

"Kia! Oh my god, are you okay?" Sophie asks, immediately hugging her.

"Oh Soph I'm fine." She laughs. 

"Where have you been!" Sophie questions holding her friends shoulders. 

"I- just had, some personal things come up I had to take care of, but it's... all good now, I promise." She answers. 

"We all were really worried about you." Alex says, Kiara for the first time, actually turned her gaze to him. "We were about to go see Louis and Jason because no one had heard from you."

"Oh that's not, guys that's not necessary, I'm fine, really." She stutters. "It's all taken care of I promise. I'm good now."

"You're sure?" Alex asks. 

"I'm mean, almost taken care of." Kiara answers, taking a step past them. "My mom wants me to call her, so I'm going to run up to the clubhouse, but after that, yes all good."

"Can you please come find me after, there's something else that I think I need to talk to you about-" Kiara almost didn't let him finish his sentence. 

"Yeah, yeah maybe." And with that she was off down the hallway.

"Okay there is something in the water," Sophie wonders out loud "because why is everyone acting so weird!"

————

"It doesn't make any sense Hayley." Alex says to his sister, after Kiara never came to find him. "Everybody's acting so weird. You saw the blow up between Brooke and Daniel, but now they're back together and she's all over him. Then Kia, blowing off our morning workouts, disappeared all day, then showed up out of no where, and she was acting really weird too."

"Weird how?" Hayley asks.

"She was scared at the thought of me and Sophie going to Louis and Jason when she disappeared, she wouldn't tell us what happened and where she was, and when I asked her to come find me after she said she had to call her mom, she never did, because she never came out of the girls dorms." Alex explains. 

"Maybe whatever happened, just really got to her?" Hayley suggests.

"But you should have seen her when Sophie and I ran into her, she was completely normal with Sophie." He says, "But she barely acknowledged me, she brushed me off when I asked her to come talk to me. Hayley she barely even looked at me."

"Maybe she just figured herself out after the dance." Hayley says. "I mean, better now before you really started to fall for her."

"I don't know if you think it's like you and Leo, but Kia... she isn't like that." Alex defends her. "I know her too well, this isn't like her. Or at least I think I know her."

"So before, you saw her with Sophie, when was the last time you actually saw her again?" Hayley asks.

"We walked back to the clubhouse, late after the dance. Then she got a message on her Louie." Alex recalls, "She said she needed to go see someone, and insisted she went alone and ran out before I could go with her, or figure out who she had to go see. Then in the morning, Brooke was the only one that saw her. She saw her at breakfast alone, but ran out when Daniel and his mom walked in."