Surfing Lessons - Part 1

(3rd Person POV)

"Parker." Sophie walked into the locker room in the Eagles Clubhouse. "Parker, I am so sorry.

"You gave me your word." Parker turned to face her. "You looked me in my eye and you said you wouldn't show that video."

"Okay, but I had no other choice," she says. "Michelle said that the piece wouldn't work without that final part."

"Michelle?" Parker asks. "So, what you guys are best friends now?"

"Parker." Seth and two other eagles came into the room. "I just wanted you to know, I've always wanted us to be together, I love you." The two behind him laughed as he Seth walked by playfully shoving his shoulder. "Don't take it too hard man. You're viral now!" 

Parker just stormed out of the room.

—————

"I enjoy that little display you arranged for me today." The client says to Judy over the phone. 

"I'm glad to hear that." She nods.

"We should talk about your next assignment." He says. "I've just sent you new coordinates on our encrypted site. That is where the next earthquake should hit."

"It's 90 miles north of here." Marcus says, pulling up the website on his computer. 

"Redron?" Judy asks. "The pharmaceutical factory?"

"I want the entire plant destroyed." The client says. "I took a huge bet on Redron stock to plummet, so you should make this one bigger that the last."

"Bigger that 5.2?" Marcus asks. "These pharma plants are open at all hours. There could be casualties."

"I think the $50 million each of you will earn will ease your conscience." The client adds. "Are we on the same page, Judy?"

"We are."

"Good." The client says. "One more thing. I saw the Greenhouse in the news earlier. The last thing you need is having the media swarming the campus. I advise you shut the story down."

—————

"Don't forget the blueberries." Hayley says to her dad from the kitchen. She was home visiting her dad.

"Of course!" He says. "Your mom would never forgive me if I left 'em out. Were you able to get some sleep? You sounded pretty stressed out on the phone last night."

"Uh, yeah, you know, it's not the easiest to sleep after a 5.2 earthquake." She answers. 

"I still can't believe you were caught in the middle of that earthquake." Her dad walked to the dinning room. "How's Alex?"

"He's fine." Hayley follows him. "Moody, but fine."

"What's wrong with him?" He asks. 

"Hm... Girl trouble. It appears to me he got himself played." Hayley answers. 

"Aw, poor little puppy. How's he coping?" Her dad passed her the blueberries.

"Oh, you know how he is. He just shoots hoops all day." Hayley says. "Which is ironic because he did that before, but he did it with the girl that played him."

"Ooh no, it was a basketball girl?" Her dad laughs. "Yeah he'll be hurting for a while. What about you? How's Leo? I like that kid."

"Well then you'll love his girlfriend." Hayley sighs. "She just came back from London and joined the Ravens."

"I'm so sorry, sweetie." Her dad says. "He didn't mention he has a girlfriend? He knows your dad works for the FBI, right? So 5.2 earthquake, Leo's ex-girlfriend... That's some week you've had."