Swimming Lessons - Part 1

(3rd Person POV)

Sophie, Kiara and Brooke continued campaigning for Sophie for days trying to convince all Eagles to vote for her. Daniel, Parker, and Alex, we're not happy about it.

"I'm pushing for all organic foods in our cafeterias and making sure our school complies with title IX so our girls sports teams can get support and coverage." Sophie says handing out a few pamphlets. "Please vote fore me."

"She's pretty good." Parker said to Daniel and Alex. "I have no idea what to say."

She's all talk, don't physic yourself out." Alex said.

"Listen, just be yourself go out there and win their votes." Daniel says while Tammy passed by. 

"Tammy!" Parker says standing up fro his chair. "I wanted to humbly ask for your vote."

"What have you got to offer?" She asked in return.

"Um-" Parker stuttered. "Me. I mean uh you and I have been friends for a while now and I really think that-"

"Sophie is offering environmentally safe cleaning supplies for our locker rooms." Tammy points out. "What your platform?"

"My platform." Parker said, almost like a question. "My platform is- um, you love Daniels platform right? Why change platforms? You know?" With that Tammy slowly walked away and a defeated Parker sat back down.

"Alright change of plans. Don't talk." Daniel says.

"What?" Parker asked. 

"Yeah, just look confident and smile! That's how politicians win vote all the time." Alex added. "With charm."

"With charm." Parker said to himself. "Yeah I got charm."

"Is that what you're wearing?" Brooke asks approaching the group with Kiara.

"Wearing for what?" Parker questions looking down at his t-shirt.

"The debate." Kiara says.

"What debate?" Daniel asked annoyed.

"Have you ever seen and election without a debate?" Brooke says.

"Wait." Alex jumped in. "You'd be right, but this is an emergency, special debate."

"There's no need for a debate." Daniel adds.

"If I were you I'd start informing my candidate on the issues instead of wasting time arguing."

—————

Tammy and a few of the other Eagles set the debate up, while Alex and Daniel we're doing final checks with Parker, and Kiara and Brooke were busy with Sophie.

"Any last words of advice guys?" Sophie asked nervously.

"Ask Parker what he's done up until now and when he says nothing, because he's done nothing, back it up with the cheer teams volunteer work or something like that." Kiara says.

"Yeah that perfect." Brooke says. "Also tell them you're determined and always get what you want."

"Because you do." Kiara added. 

"True." Brooke laughed. "And anytime he mentions Daniels name. Shut him down. Say a leader needs to be judge on his own according."

"Okay guys." Tammy announced to the group. "We're ready."

"Okay, you got this!" Kiara said as the three of them pulled into a group hug.

"Love you guys." Sophie says.

"We love you to dude." Kiara says as the three friends let go of each other. "Go kick his butt for us Soph."

"I'm going to try." She says, nervously walking away towards her stand.