The Client - Part 2

(3rd Person POV)

"All right Eagles, let's do this." Suzanne sat all the Eagles down around the couch in their clubhouse. "Each student will be asked a question in turn. You are not allowed to help each other. The Ravens were just asked the exact same questions. We're going to start with our captain. Sophie, which member of George Washington's cabinet died after a duel?" 

"Okay, I know this it's uh... Hamilton." Sophie answers.

"Yes." Suzanne nods. 

"That our captain!" Kiara says while the Eagles clapped and cheered. 

"Daniel. Which preforming artist is know as the King of Rock 'n' Roll?" Suzanne asks.

"Elvis Presley." He answers confidently. 

"Thats correct." She says. 

"Parker, I have a math question for you." Suzanne taps on her Louie. "This is a graph. I want you to tell me what the equation is."

"You got this." Sophie passed him the basketball from before. He got up, walking to an open spot on the floor, doing the dribbling that he did with Sophie earlier. 

"Is everything all right, Parker?" Suzanne confusedly asked. 

"Bro, you okay?" Daniel says. 

"He's fine." Sophie whispers, Parker putting his hand up, and slowly sitting back down next to Sophie. 

"Y=6x+9." Parker says slowly, Sophie smiled because she knew the answer was right. 

"That's correct." Susanne says, taken back he got it right. Parker leaped out of his chair with Daniel saying, 

"I knew I had it!"

"You see? I told you you could do it." Sophie says. 

"All right Kiara, I feel like you're going to know this one." Susanne moves on. "Who was the first African-American player to join Major League Baseball?"

"She's right I do know this." She says confidently. "Jackie Robinson."

"That's correct." 

"Yeah! That our point guard you guys!" Daniel cheers.

"All right now we head to the other side of the couch." Suzanne turns to the opposite side of the room where Alex sat. "Alex, what do you call a two-dimensional array made up of number or letters?"

"I think the answer is a matrix." He says slowly, but surely. 

"Good job, Alex." Suzanne nods. "All right Brooke, you ready for some American Lit?" 

"Yes! Brooke our favorite subject!" Kiara says. "You got this!"

"Which novel ends with the line, So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past?"

"Boats against the current..." Brooke repeated the line back to herself, multiple times. 

"C'mon I know you know this!" Sophie says.

"Sophie, one more word and I'll disqualify the entire team." Suzanne says, Sophie backed off, leaning the other direction to Kiara. 

"Do you know what it is?" She whispers.

"Yeah, Brooke and I read the book together just a few weeks ago after we did it in class." Kiara nods.

"I don't know. I can't remember." Brooke shakes her head. 

"Well, the answer is The Great Gatsby." Suzanne says. Kiara motioned for Sophie to lean back over. 

"We ate lunch together last week, she told me that book made her cry." 

—————

"Judy?" Marcus asks from his computer in the cave.

"Hm?" 

"Come here." She walked around the side of the desk. "Tectonic Subductions are finally active."

"So we've reached the threshold. Good. How soon can we start?" She asks, taking a look at his screen. 

"Pretty soon. I still have to calibrate the drag coefficient of the magnetite." Marcus answers. "That could take at least 72 hours."

"How's 24?" Judy suggests, walking back to her chair. 

"You want to start tomorrow? That's impossible." Marcus says. 

"Nothings impossible for you, Marcus." Judy smiles. "I'll let the client know that we'll be ready for the trial run."

—————

"Eagles, Ravens" Louis addressed both houses in the cafeteria, after the challenge was over. "Congratulations on an exciting challenge. The results were very close. The difference between your two teams was one answer. Eagles you had 11 correct answers in a row, and Ravens you had 12 correct answers in a row. You won by one answers."

"It's on me guys. Sorry." Brooke says to the table of her, Sophie, Kiara, Daniel and Parker, while the Raven cheered and celebrated. Daniel just got up a left, silently walking back to the clubhouse. He was suspicious about the whole thing, and knew Brooke combination to her locker, so he decided to check inside. 

Inside was a small copy of 'The Great Gatsby' that Brooke and Kiara had highlighted, took notes, and signed the first page together. In Brooke hand writing, underneath the last line that she highlighted, 'Maybe there is a little Gatsby in all of us' was written. 

—————

Max, one of the Ravens had snuck off after the challenge as well, after Louis gave him Emma's number. He went straight to the computer lab to call her. 

"Hi, Emma? It's me, Max." He says to his Louie. "So, we didn't get a chance to talk before you left in such a hurry."

"I know." Emma says from the other end. 

"So how's your mom?" Max asks. 

"Good. I mean, not really." She answers. 

"Emma you sound weird. Is everything okay?" Max questions after realizing the tone of her voice. 

"I'm sorry Max, I have to go."

—————

"Here's the encrypted IP address." Judy passes Marcus her phone. Marcus does some typing on his computer while Judys phone rings?

"Well?" I distorted voice says from the other line. 

"We're ready to go." Judy smiles, confidently. 

"When?" The voice asks. 

"Tomorrow." She answers. 

"And our tracks are covered, yes?" The voice questions. 

"The only satellite that could have traced us is no longer functioning." Judy answers, this time with a lot of pride. "We're ready."

"Good." The voice says. "So Judy, when will our earthquake take place?"