A Born Leader - Part 1

(3rd Person POV)

Leo didn't remember much when he woke up. And he didn't know where he was when he woke up on a cement floor in a cage. 

"Hello, Mr.Cruz. "Marcus stood just outside the bars. Now he remembered. Marcus knocked him out when he went to investigate the cave after dark, even when Hayley told him not too. 

——

"Louis will you just take a look at these two?" Judy says looking at Brooke and Daniel. Louis was busy setting the table for dinner while Judy admired her work from the couch. "What a beautiful couple."

"Well, Judy, we were meant to be." Brooke says. 

"That is music to my ears." Judy smiles, standing from her spot on the couch. Daniel gave Brooke a reassuring smile that she was playing her part just fine. 

Max's plan was to have Brooke continuing to pretend to be hypnotized at dinner, so they could work together to get Emma's chess set back from Jason. Max set his plan in motion when he called Jason during dinner. 

"Yeah?" Jason answers his Louie. "You found what?" 

"Jason, is everything alright?" Judy asks. 

"Sorry, admin stuff." Jason says. "Uh, I seem to have forgotten to send the email to the, uh, CDE." 

"The California Department of Education is calling you now?" Louis asks. 

"Sorry," Jason stands from the table. "It will just take a minute."

Brooke gave Daniel a look out of the corner of her eye. Daniel returned the look before reaching for the plate of bread, "accidentally" knocking over Brookes sparking water all over her white dress. 

"Oh! I'm sorry, babe." Daniel says. 

"I'm going to go clean this." Brooke stands as well. "I'll be right back."

Brooke followed Jason to his office, she walked in on him pulling the chess set from a secret spot on one of his shelves. 

"What are you doing in here?" Jason asks.

"Looking for the stain remover." Brooke answers. "I thought I saw it in here earlier." Then she very intently, bumped into Jason, and he spilled the chess pieces all over the floor.  "Oh, I'm sorry Jason, I'm sorry." 

"It's okay I got it." Jason dives to the floor. 

"No I want to help." Brooke joins him looking for the white knight pieces. She scooped them up, then dropped the duplicate pieces max had given her on the floor so they blended in with the rest. She dropped the original pieces in her dress pocket, and went on as normal. 

————

After dinner, Brooke and Daniel met up with the three Ravens who waited for them outside the Biology lab. Brooke hands Max the two pieces with a happy smile on her face. Max takes them and runs off to his computer lab to start working.

"Yes, you guys did it!" Hayley cheers. 

"Brooke did most the work." Daniel says. 

"Hey, you are really good at fake spilling sparkling water." Brooke adds. 

"I'm going to catch up with Max, I'll call if there's any news okay." Jackie says, then follows Max down the hall. 

"Eagles and Ravens really do make a good team." Hayley says. "I'll see you guys when we have any news. Good job today." 

"See ya Hayley." Daniel waves to her, he and Brooke continued back to the Eagles clubhouse. 

"It's odd how I keep slowly remembering things from while I was hypnotized." Brooke says as they walked through the seemingly empty clubhouse door.