The Spiral - Part 1

(3rd Person POV)

Daniel and Hayley had found a way out of Michelles workshop and sprinted back to the Biology lab after breaking into Marcus's office. Just before he got back, Daniel found the missing book in a drawer. 

"What am I gonna tell Brooke when she wakes up?" Daniel asks while they looked through the chapter. 

"You can start by telling her she's not really your girlfriend," Hayley shrugs.

"Hadn't thought about that." Daniel sighs. 

"Hey, you're doing the right thing." Hayley says. "We should start writing down the instructions." Hayley reached into her pocket to look for the marker Daniel had gave her, but panicked after she realized it wasn't there. 

"What?" Daniel asks after noticing her start to panic. 

"I can't find your marker." She answers. "I must have dropped it. What if I dropped it in Marcus's room?" 

"Hey. It's okay." Daniel reassures her. "Marcus wouldn't notice an alien sitting on his table." 

—————

"I feel so stupid." Jackie says. She and Max were the only two still sitting in the exam room. Michelle had been able to get her to confess to robbing a bank on camera and was going to air the footage that would land her back in jail. Sophie then came running in the room. "Oh, good. Here come's the researcher."

"Jackie, I swear, I did not tell Michelle to talk to you." Sophie says. 

"Really? She just had a hunch?" Jackie sarcastically asks. 

"I have no idea where she got the information from."

"Maybe Michelle tricked you?" Max suggests. "Maybe she was using the workshop as an excuse to get to Jackie?" 

"And I fell for it." Jackie says. "I'm outta hear you realize that? No one was supposed to know about the plea bargain. Michelle is gonna air the interview, everyone will find out and then I'm outta here."

"I'll be back." Sophie ran back out of the room.

—————

"I kid you not. She actually said, "I robbed a bank." It's a full on confession." Michelle walked to her car on the phone with her assistant when Sophie came running up behind her.

"Michelle!"

"Hi, Sophie!" She turns back around with a smile. 

"I'm so glad I caught you before you left." Sophie says. "I didn't get a chance to say thank you. You are my role model."

"Really?" 

"Yeah!" 

"Thank you so much." Michelle turned to leave, but Sophie wouldn't let her.

"I mean those questions that we asked Jackie... where did you get that information." Sophie asks.

"I have my sources, as they say." Michelle shrugs. 

"Wow." Sophie says with wide eyes. "This information must be restricted. How do you convince a source to give that to you?" 

"Let's just say it helps having court side tickets for the playoffs." She answers. 

"I don't understand."

"You are so cute, Sophie." Michelle scoffs. "There is this court clerk and he's a die-hard Clippers fan. Every time he gives us information he gets tickets. Simple."

"Wait, but isn't that called a bribe?" Sophie asks. 

"It's called getting the story kid." She scoffs again.