Guilt-Free Cupcakes - Part 2

(3rd Person POV)

While Sophie and her Eagles kept arguing over the marketing strategy, Kiara stepped away to the bathroom near the entrance to the fair, while leaving she saw Jason having what seemed to be a pretty strict conversation with a Raven girl, Emma. When Jason left her alone to meet up with his dad, she pulled herself together to head over and join her house.

"Hey, you're Emma right?" Kiara gets her attention as she passes the bathrooms.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" Emma asks.

"I'm Kiara. I'm apart of the Eagles." Kiara says.

"The Basketball player right?" 

"Yup, thats me." Kiara smiles. "I saw you talking with Jason."

"Oh that was nothing, it's was just-"

"Hey, hey don't worry." Kiara says slowing her stuttering down. "I just noticed because thats how Jason talks to me."

"What?" Emma questions.

"He's manipulating you too isn't he?" Kiara asks. Emmas face showed nothing but surprise while Kiara continues to explain. "I don't know what he's doing to you, but he's got me just like you."

"What does he want with you?" Emma quickly asks.

"I'm not sure yet. I run dirty errands for them, I sneak around, getting information they need. I can't imagine what he wants with you." Kiara answers.

"He tricked me into hacking into the NASA server and disconnecting the satellite from earth." Emma says quietly.

"Wow that is way worse than what he's ever made me do." Kiara responds. "What's he holding over your head to keep you quiet?"

"My scholarship to the greenhouse, and my college fund." Emma answers. "What about you?"

"He threatens my mom. I lost my dad about two years ago, so they know I'd do anything to keep my mom safe." Kiara answers. "I need to get back to the Eagles, but I just wanted you to know you aren't alone. For sure makes me feel better."

"Yeah, it makes me feel better too." Emma smiles. "Wait, you keep saying 'they' Who is 'they'?"

"You know Daniel Hayward, the former Eagles captain?" Kiara asks. "His mother. She's running the entire thing."

—————

Kiara rejoined the Eagles booth, while the Ravens rang the bell at theirs, signaling another cupcake sale. 

"They're already selling while we're still babbling." Daniel says annoyed. 

"Maybe we should just start selling to catch up?" Tammy suggests. 

"What, without a marketing plan?" Alex asks.

"We can think of one later, we gotta make bank!" She protests. 

"Eagles no, we can't panic like this, okay? Theres still time." Sophie jumps in. 

"At least we won't starve. We'll have 100 cupcake to eat." Parker sighs.

"Hello carbs." Tammy laughs.

"I can see Coach Davies forcing us to eat kale for the next month." Alex adds, earning nods from his teammates.

"It gets a bad rep if you ask me." Kiara shrugs. "Kale isn't really that bad."

"You're like the only person on the team who actually enjoys drinking a smoothie made from leafs." Alex says to her.

"Okay so what? They're really good, and healthy." Kiara responded while a light bulb went off in Sophies head.

"Wait, thats a good idea. We can sell the smaller cupcakes for a hefty markup, because we'll call them healthy cupcakes." Sophie suggested.