I | CHAPTER 1: It's hard to breathe, but that's alright | I

You're looking through the glass of the train, seeing the stars get so close to the window that you might as well be able to touch it. The void outside, holding the planets and light in one place, comforts you in a way you never thought you could be comforted.

Your fingers tap the window softly, as your mind wanders off all by itself. The yellow light of the lamps above remind you of an early spring, while the white snow on the ground, tickling your bare feet, is an obvious characteristic for winter. There's a tree in the centre of the wagon, which does not seem to be affected by the snow whatsoever, and some red fruit you do not recognize is hanging from the branches. There are on each side four windows and on the walls between them, you can find a triangle, each with a different corner highlighted. A tiger's eye has been carved in the ceiling of the train, surrounded by classicistic decoration.

You always find yourself wandering back to this place whenever you feel like you're about to fall down. Your physical body is slowly decaying and every day you have to drink some medicine in order to make sure the symptoms don't bother you as much. But this is the only place when you can actually relax. The only moment you can take some time for yourself and grow mentally.

The Limbo.

Many consider it as a threat. A dangerous place to be in. Something that you want to avoid at all costs. But you have come to discover that it's not all that bad.

The Limbo is merely a part of your mind. It's like you're sleeping, dreaming in an environment that can either be in or outside of your control. For most people, it'll be an absolute Hell. But for you, it is quite the contrary. While most criminals consider it a punishment, you see the Limbo as a gift. This already changes quite a lot.

Ever after you discovered how to get in and out of a Limbo, you've always turned to it to find rest. You learnt how to control it. How to use it to your advantage. Yes, at first, it was absolutely terrifying. But you've quickly come to discover that the mind has a huge impact on the Limbo. Mental health, traumas, guilt, all of those things can change the whole way it works. The first few times, were the most horrifying experiences you've ever had. Simply the worst events repeating around you, their voices creeping up, their hands trying to touch you, their breathing in your neck. Sally's screams, Jared's corpse, Kristin's fall. And honestly, at first, you didn't even want to go back. You almost got too scared to go to sleep again, but thankfully, Aimsey helped you get over your fear.

Aimsey. The robot created from the blueprints that Schlatt used to make Tubbo. Aimsey, your child. She might have metal in her body and another type of blood, but you love her as if she is your own blood. She has helped you through so much and honestly, you don't know where you would be now if it weren't for her.

Thanks to Aimsey, you learnt how to calm down. How to bend the Limbo to your own will. And now, it's like a paradise while your physical body is asleep. A paradise where you have two healthy, fleshy hands and a normal eye. The only thing that sucks about it, is that you now have a white streak through your hair, but that's the least noticeable thing about your appearance, really.

"Thank you for travelling with the StyxPress. We hope that you have had a great time."

That announcement is already enough to tell you that you are waking up. For your own safety, Aimsey and you have decided to make sure you only stay in the Limbo for what is around an hour in real life, even if it feels like two days in the void that is this train.

So, as your eyelids get heavier, you can already hear the silence from your own room enter your mind. Although, that is what you hoped at first, because you don't hear silence. You hear sounds.

Someone is going through your stuff.

Punz glances over at the door, expecting someone to come in the office any moment. His patience is no more. For months he's been working here at this Foundation, living in a world he honestly doesn't understand, looking for you. Even after Dream's imprisonment, the two of them always managed to stay in contact, and there was one very important question for which Dream wanted an answer and that was what happened to you. So, after following Connor out of the City, this was not what he expected, but he never found you. He heard your name, said by a couple of strangers, but when he asked them about you, he received a gun against his head and a threatening tone instead. So, when everybody denied him answers and even a member of the L Council – the few people who hold the most power in the Deserts – told him to back off, he decided to find the answers himself.