II | CHAPTER 17: It's all you want, you don't want me to change | II

FANART SECTION
Made by: Smelted Gold!

________________________________________________________________________________

The first thing that Aimsey does when you return, is scan you and remember you to take your medicine. George, meanwhile, starts immediately questioning you while you are simply trying to eat the breakfast that Jack gave you. He asks you what happened, where you stayed, whom you stayed with, while Aimsey is trying to explain to you what they talked about with Technoblade. It's kind of hard for you to focus on either of their voices, considering they're both talking over each other constantly, despite Aimsey's attempts not to and George aggressive speaking catching your attention more easily.

"So, I heard you'll be visiting KinoChronos today," Jack eventually comments when he comes to your table, refilling your cups of tea while refusing to make eye contact with you. "Why?"

"Because business, Jack," you answer, immediately ignoring George's glaring eyes at the man. "They requested to meet up too, so I can't just say no when I have nothing else to do, not?"

"Actually, there are plenty of things we could and should do," George counters, but you laugh.

"I was talking about actually interesting stuff, Gogy. Not your usual complaints about the boring part of presidential life. That's your job, after all." George remains silent as he sighs and looks away from you. You grin. Jack is still standing there in the meanwhile, while Aimsey is uncertainly looking at George. Your colleague refuses to say anything now, which leaves you content.

"They're not coming here, are they?" Jack eventually asks, reminding you that he was the one to start this conversation to begin with, and you laugh.

"Don't be concerned, Jack. I wouldn't dare. No, we're going to their company building around eleven. Or was it twelve?"

"Eleven," Aimsey answers immediately and you look at Jack again with a smile.

"You heard it."

"Good luck," he then says, before walking away again. "I heard that both of them have only become more difficult to work together with. Especially Sapnap. The motherfucker is lucky that he's rich, otherwise he would've gone to prison himself."

"I can still take care of that," you say as you sip a bit of the tea, chuckling as you glance over at the other people present, hoping they won't take it too seriously. Thankfully, they're all just disappointed instead. Besides Aimsey, who puts on a faint smile as she probably thinks your terrible humour is a symptom of your illness. God, you wish.

After you and George finish your food, the both of you spend time doing presidential things: you come up with ideas, and he puts them on a list to just throw away the list later, most likely. In any case, you're enjoying it. You know you'll forget it once you're going to the company building of KinoChronos anyway.

Once you're done, you, George and Aimsey leave to go and meet up with the two men of the company. You enter the building, looking around while one of the people – who looks like an assistant – almost startles when he sees you. He approaches you with a bit of an insecure facial expression and waves at you with a kindness that you easily recognize as being forced.

"Hello!" he stutters, probably intimidated by your presence. You pull down your glove a bit more, to make sure that nobody present will see the blisters and rashes on the skin there, although you find it very unlikely that anybody will be focused on that. "You're here for Karl Jacobs and Sapnap, right?"

"Yes, we are," Aimsey says as she takes a step forward, smiling faintly, before holding out her hand to show the hologram of the mails sent between her and the owners requesting to see you. "Here's a confirmation, in case you wanted."