III | CHAPTER 26: The blood on my hands scares me to death | III

You miss the limbo.

It's the only place where you could feel free, released from your worries and the prison that is your mind, but you also know that it's irresponsible to enter that part of your mind without any protection and security, like what you have back in the Deserts. And yes, one can argue that your other actions are just as careless, having resulted in both the worsened nightmares that haunt you at night now and the loss of an eye, but those actions weren't purely foolishness. While some are a result of your crumbling health, other are a part of a plan, being a mere detail in the painting you're making. An insignificant day in your year calendar, a weird-looking letter in a long book, a singular missed opportunity in a lifetime of eighty years – although you know you won't live that long.

In any case, you wish that your body would get some rest while your soul is discovering a world beyond its comprehension. A world so mysterious that you can't help but find it beautiful, while it's easier for you to think of someone who considers it to be a destructive prison. But you don't think it's that ugly. If anything, you think that it's insulting for someone to compare the Limbo to a literal hell, but you suppose that everybody's entitled to their own opinions, just like everyone's allowed to interpret reality differently.

"Have you taken your medicines, Momsey?" Aimsey's voice drags you back into reality, despite your eye constantly deceiving you by showing you the winged individual of whom you know is a mere hallucination.

"Probably, yeah," you answer, your eyes focused on the ceiling while your phone is constantly ringing. You can see your daughter react to it hesitantly, knowing that you just want it to sing its song, already guessing that it's Quackity who's been calling you the entire day. George, before leaving to talk to someone whose name he didn't want to mention, told the android not to follow your orders unless they were rational, but Aimsey seemed to have a hard time knowing that to do now.

You wonder who George is meeting up with, though. You know it's not Quackity and Techno. Both have been calling you, to one of whom you've even talked already, so it can't have anything to do with the Egg. Yesterday, the last day of June, you already talked to the crew about what you could conclude, which wasn't a lot yet.

"Are you sure you don't want me to answer the phone? I can just tell them you're on your way to DeMeter already."

"Only problem with that is that they'll just go to bother Tubbo and Ranboo when you lie to them with that. And then I'll get called by Tubbo, who's going to complain about my lack of professionalism, and then they're all coming to the hotel to bother me in the hotel room, which I'm really not looking forward to."

"Hello! You're talking with Aimsey, or AD 1111. Can I help you with anything?" You love your child, but you really wish she wouldn't do the exact opposite of what you wanted her to do. "Momsey? Oh, no, they're not here. They're going for a walk at the moment." You sit up right, an immediate headache and light-headedness hitting which you immediately choose to ignore. Aimsey nervously glances over at you. "I can call them if you want... No, they don't have their phone with them... I don't know where they are, but I don't think they're anywhere near KinoChronos."

Aha, so it's either Sapnap or Karl asking for your presence. "Hang up," you whisper to your daughter, who quickly says goodbye to the other person before letting out a deep sigh and sitting down on the chair. "Who was it?" you ask once you know for sure nobody's listening anymore, and Aimsey laughs, letting out a sigh.

"Karl. He was asking to talk to you." When you remain silent, she looks at you with doubt in her eyes. "Are you sure you don't want to meet up with him? I know you have to talk to Tubbo as well today, but maybe we can just put someone else in? We may as well."