V | CHAPTER 40: Two party system, left and right;

there's only room for right and wrong | V

Letting out a sigh, you stay on your back as the grass tickles your bare feet, the stars high up twinkling and making you wonder what it would be like to float between those. Of course, you know that they're not just cute little lights, but still. It's a nice image to romanticize, right?

Bad's approaching you holding a cup of tea. Unlike you, Bad's not as excited for the Red Banquet. Unlike all his friends, he is not as excited for the Red Banquet. Because Bad knows what will happen afterwards. And now that he's standing here, looking down upon your grinning face, he's doubting even more.

You sit up right, patting the place next to you as a gesture for him to sit down next to you. He puts the cups of tea on a nearby rock, before ultimately doing what you told him to. Despite your daughter's current death, Bad has noticed how oddly happy you seem to be. Of course, this is not really surprising. You're about to open the portal to escape this world forever, after all. And yet, the amount of happiness and excitement that you seem to experience, slightly reminds him of manic episodes. Maybe that's what this is. Or maybe, you're only getting closer to dying, with not only your body deteriorating, but your mind as well.

"I can't wait for tomorrow," you reveal, a secret obvious to him. "I can't wait to see their faces mostly. Dream, Techno, Niki, all of them! Who would think that old little me would be capable of betrayal, after all? Treason, even?" You laugh. "God, what are they going to think?"

"I'm sure they're going to get scared," Bad simply responds, finding it hard to imagine the same scene as you.

"Oh, I don't want them to get scared, Bad. I want them to get mad. I want their anger to cloud their love for me. I want them to never forgive me. To be so furious, that they want to see me dead. I want them to hate me." Bad confusedly looks at you, and you're not unsurprised by his reaction, apparently. "I've had to deal with their so-called love for too long now, Bad. It's time for me to return the favour. Show them how much I really love them and I will love the taste of that sweet, sour revenge, in a sense. And not only will I do it heartlessly, but also hotly. If that's a word." Before Bad can even respond to that, you continue. "Did you know I've been dyeing my hair the entire time, by the way? It's one of the very few things I did to take care of my body."

"Oh?" Bad confusedly responds, the singular letter coming out as a stutter. "What's your original hair colour then?"

"This is my original hair colour. It's just been changing a lot lately. Eh, you'll see it for yourself tomorrow. I'm going to get the dye out and replace the remains of the original with dark red, probably. Got to fit the theme, not?"

"Well," he starts off, before being interrupted again.

"In any case, I'm going to look hot. Yes, I said it. I'm going to be the hottest in the room. Even Satan (referring to the actual Devil by the way, not me, the author) isn't going to be prepared for my hotness!"

"What?"

"What? I'm going to have to prepare myself for the future somehow, right?"

"Y/N, you're rambling about... baloney! I mean, I don't doubt that you're going to look attractive, but..."

"But... what?" you ask, raising your eyebrow and tilting your head. "But... I don't have to do anything for it because I always look hot? But... why the fuck does it matter, I'm going to die anyway?"

"Please, don't curse." Bad lets out a sigh as he's thinking of his words carefully. It's not easy. It's not easy to try and tell you that he's thinking of discontinuing their plan and instead just being happy with the Egg.