II | CHAPTER 18: I'm your sunshine, I'm gonna burn down your parade | II

FANART SECTION

Momsey's Lament (lowkey inspired by Falsettos)

Fanart by: Cookie!

________________________________________________________________________________

"So, right now we have Punz, Ant, Ponk and Hannah on the list of the Egg's allies and Aimsey as someone who is vulnerable to its influence," Techno says out loud while looking at the paper on the table, where they've been talking for a while now. You've also mentioned Bad to him as a probable ally, but he refused to write it down for a reason he told, but you forgot right away. "Phil and I are the only ones I am aware of to be most definitely against it."

"Phil, can I have some more cake?"

Other than you, Aimsey, George, Techno and Phil, Tommy and Ghostbur are present in the room. Tommy is mainly there for the sake of it: obviously is unaware of the gravity of the situation. Ghostbur, meanwhile, mainly tries to get your attention, like a puppy in a field, looking desperately for its owner.

It's not necessarily that you hate this behaviour, but it does make you feel a little uncomfortable. Especially considering that he's not the first one to show concerning behaviour toward you, but even more so since you've been like a therapist to him.

In the Deserts, before you trusted Tommy to keep him company, to put it shortly, you were the one to enter his containment chamber and talk to him. For a long time, you were his only friend. The only person with whom he had social contact. And now, he's still desperately trying to be close with you which is not that bad in general, but you've already gone through traumatizing events thanks to unhealthy attachments, making it only worse.

But you don't tell him that. By reacting in ways that you think should tell him to respect your boundaries, you try to make him stop, but he either doesn't understand the signs or he chooses to ignore him. Due to knowing him well, though, you assume the first is the case. Despite his eerily familiar appearance to Wilbur Soot, they're surprisingly different from each other.

However, you're grateful to have Tommy there nonetheless. Honestly, you've always felt guilty after leaving him here in the City, only to become more powerful back in the Deserts. The teenager means a lot to you, after all, despite the many distractions that you tried to use for the sake of coping. So, you're glad that he's here now. At least his company lights the mood a little more than you can do that.

"I'd like some more too."

Phil sighs when you and Tommy both give him your plates. He walks away to indeed give it. When you look back at Technoblade, you can see his annoyance for you and his brother's interruption. He too sighs. "Y/N, you have to take this shit seriously. Both of us know that this is a very grave situation that should be talked about with the same gravity."

"Technoblade," you chuckle, "there is taking something seriously and taking something too seriously."

"We have to always be one step ahead, Y/N."

"But I am. I am always one step ahead." You put your arms on the table, the numbness in your left one giving you the inability to guess when you're weighing on them too much as you're leaning forward with a faint smile. Ghostbur has his eyes on you, wide and open, while George leans back a little bit, sitting next to you and watching the interaction suspiciously, despite your unfortunate unawareness. "I will let you in on a little secret. I am capable of ending this world entirely. Not in the way that it ended before. Not in the way of some apocalypse or Judgement Day or something. I am talking about an explosion. The heart of the Earth, blowing to smithereens simply because I wanted to. The Egg is dangerous. But it's not an existential threat."