II | CHAPTER 14: Losing sleep while I lose my mind | II

FANART SECTION

Made by: Hanny!

________________________________________________________________________________

After you and Aimsey have told George a majority of the information he needs to know, you told the two of them to talk to Technoblade. As much as you're still wary of him, although this is likely just your paranoia, you believe that it's important to team up with him in case you actually end up in the middle of a conflict in which the Crystal is involved. Yes, with your powerful position you could probably easily beat them. The problem? It would not impact your position positively at all.

Besides, Technoblade and the Syndicate would've been your main opponent if it weren't for the Egg. Working together with them, could possibly change their opinion on the government in general. You're not against their beliefs, you just prefer having them as friends, since you do believe they could have a huge influence on the population, especially now that Technoblade has changed his methods.

Honestly, though, you're waiting for the moment that you are invited to meet the Egg.

The moment that you've looked your enemy right in the eye – or rather, not in the eye, because you don't think it has any – you know what and who you're dealing with. You know who to attack when the time gets there. You know who to look down upon and bully, because bullying is fun as long as you bully the right people.

This does not feel healthy. You're not healthy, though, so why do you care?

In any case, the sun has gone under and you're walking through the streets of the City again after not being able to sleep and feeling like you have to do more. The more people are with you and against the cult that sides with a literal parasite, the easier it'll be to get your hands on the Crystal. You need it for you own plan, after all. A plan that will hopefully better your life.

No, it will most certainly better your life.

Anything will be better than where you are right now. The only good thing you have, is your daughter, but you're scared. The disease has slowly been the cause of your now crumbling mind, including your forgetfulness. So, what if you forget her? What if you forget Aimsey? You want her to remember you as her parent. You want her to remember you as a living being, not as the empty shell you're slowly turning into.

And Sally. God, you miss her. You've been missing her ever since her death. So, what better idea than to try and bring her back?

Necromancy isn't going to do the trick. The answer is simply: you don't want her to have died to begin with. You want her to be alive, as if she's never disappeared. And you're prepared to do anything to get her back. As long as it's your Sally. As long as it's the Sally you've known ever since you were young.

It may be obsessive behaviour. And it likely is. But you're not obsessed with Sally like Wilbur and Dream are obsessed with you. You're obsessed with the guilt. The guilt and the desire to make up for the mistakes you've made. You're obsessed with the belief that you can make things right again. Obsessed with the belief that you can change the world for the better if you can change the past. Obsessed with the belief that your current situation can be changed for the better, if only you can undo that one mistake you've made.

Is it a symptom of the illness? Or is it a delusion that comes with your decaying mental health? You don't know, but you know that you have come to the conclusion that Sally's death is the cause of all your problems. Sally's death, an event which you blame yourself for so badly, is the reason that you'll never get better. That they'll never get better. That this world will, sooner or later, fall apart because of your foolishness and selfishness.