I | CHAPTER 11: Watch that Butcher burn | I

FANART SECTION

Made by: Hanny!

________________________________________________________________________________

Throughout the entire walk towards the cemetery, for a reason which you have totally forgotten, you and Aimsey have been in complete silence. You've tried starting a conversation, but it seems like your child has her thoughts somewhere else.

You know you asked her to go to the Cemetery, by the way. This is not something you're denying. Only problem, is that you can't recall asking her, due to your crumbling memory. You guess, though, that you're there to visit the grave of Sally, who's finally gotten a proper funeral after they discovered her remains in the yard of a burnt down house. A house, which used to be yours.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" you eventually ask, looking at the absent-minded Aimsey with concern swimming your eyes. The graveyard is already coming closer, but your worries regarding your child are keeping you distracted from it. Aimsey puts her hands on her upper arms as she avoids your eyes, not wanting to answer. Her silence is a painful answer. You'd rather have her scream at you or insult you, or literally anything that would at least be able to comfort you a little bit. Anything that would give her a way to let out whatever is still bothering her. "You know you can talk to me, right?"

"I'm just still thinking about the whispers," she admits. "I could still hear them after taking a walk. I can still hear them now, louder than ever. I'm not sure if that's because it's actually audible now or because I'm just still in shock."

"Well, I'm not hearing anything, so you're safe."

"How do we know for sure? We know nothing about this anomaly, Momsey! I think it's safe to say that it is the anomaly we were looking for, but we don't know anything anyway. What if it's able to still be inside one's head, even when they're at more of a distance? What if I'm going to, you know, lose my mind and join it? Even worse: what if you're going to join it?"

You laugh, hiding your own nerves and anxiety. "We can be concerned about that all we want, but what if that's what makes it stronger? If you're in a weak mental state, seeking answers and something to hold onto, might only make you an easier victim. I understand what you're going through, sweetie, even if I do not relate to it, but I know you're strong and that you can fight it! We'll just keep you away from it, that's all."

"What about you, though?"

"Easy: I won't be affected."

"How do we know that for sure?"

"We don't and we can't. It is impossible to be 100% sure of something, so all we can do is hope that it'll all turn out fine." Uncertainty seems to fill your daughter once again and you put your hand on her back reassuringly. "I promise I'll be fine. I might be weak physically, but we both know I am too stubborn to just blindly follow an egg."

Aimsey chuckles. "You're too stubborn to brush your teeth when I tell you to."

"Exactly. I understand your concern, but it's not necessary. I can take care of myself." Although Aimsey isn't feeling amazingly after your words, she still seems to send you a genuine smile as she gives you a hug while tears are falling down her face. And for a bit, the two of you stand there in a complete but comforting silence, until you let go of her again. "Shall we pay our respects to the dead now? We can pick up Tommy and Ghostbur afterwards and then we'll do whatever else we had planned. Does that sound good to you?" Aimsey nods and smiles, so as you kiss one of her hands, the two of you continue walking onto the ground where the dead are buried. And, as you already thought would happen, Aimsey quickly gets distracted and the voice disappears right away.