V | CHAPTER 39: You've taught me there's a twisted usefulness in everyone | V

Your hands are in your pockets as you're looking at the red suit on the stand, trying to imagine yourself in it, knowing that the darker colours would compliment your usual appearance. But honestly, you're not sure if a suit is what you're looking for. After all, if the Red Banquet is going to be your final goodbye - the moment after which you're going to enter a new life - is a suit really what you want? The suit is the signature of your Presidency, after all. It's been a part of President Y/N, but when you start anew, you want to start as someone else, not as the person you've been for the past year.

"You're sure that's what you're going to wear?" Techno scoffs, coming to stand next to you as he looks at the same red suit. The sky outside is dark and monsters have been roaming the streets, but this is the only time at which he wanted to go out shopping, so he managed to convince the manager of the store to allow them to enter and leave via the roof. It was with a bit of violence (and just your presence), but you still felt comfortable taking a part in it.

"Hell no," you respond with a chuckle. "There's a reason I'm looking at it and not jumping enthusiastically up and down while screaming how much I want to wear this." Technoblade hums. Unlike everybody else, he's been looking at suits that are not red. Because it's a Red Banquet, it's common sense to wear red. That's what Bad requested in the invitation. But Technoblade has avoided anything with those colours; probably to be petty. "Bet you would look pretty good in it, though. Dare I say, hot. And I never say that."

"You're saying that to annoy me and it's working." You laugh at his answer, before getting distracted by an overly excited Tommy, wearing a suit that is very similar to yours and Schlatt's, just with a bit more colour. Ghostbur claps his hand in excitement as he laughs, Philza proudly looking at his son who's posing very flamboyantly. You can't help but feel a bit of happiness burn up inside of you at the sight of his own. If you hadn't know any better, you would've been envious of his happiness, but you know that there's more going on. He's just grateful. Satisfied. Something you wish to be as well. You're jealous, but not in a negative way. You just have the desire to have that too.

"Wow, Tommy. You look so classy that I'd trust you with my job." He smiles brightly at your compliment, putting his hands against his cheeks.

"Would you really?" he squeaks, but you shake your head, ruffling his hair.

"No, I wouldn't. But you still look like a killer queen, Toms." He laughs and you smile faintly, noticing how more carefree he seems to be. He knows of your plan. Sure, he doesn't know the details, but he knows that the Red Banquet will likely mean the end of the world. Is that what has released him of his worries? Or maybe it's Dream who has finally shut up now. Maybe that's what made him feel so much freer now. |

"I also want to try a dress. Phil, give me a fancy dress to make me look like a fancy man." Techno rolls his eyes in a playful manner, watching as Phil sighs, since this is the tenth outfit Tommy wants to wear. Since he's not going to the Red Banquet, he doesn't even need anything new, but Philza promised to take him with them because Tommy wanted something new as well. You don't believe that he actually wants something, though. He just wants to have fun. Spend some time with those he cares about for the last time, excluding Tubbo and Ranboo, whom he'll visit at the moment the end will take place.

So, as Tommy mostly looks around with Phil, you and Techno remain there, while Ghostbur seems conflicted to choose between who to follow. Thanks to Tommy's constant insisting, you and Techno have some more privacy. "To be honest, I can't wait until all of this is over. Everybody's getting on my nerves and they're really making me wonder if I should start murdering again."

"Anything special you're mentioning?" When you ask this, he falls silent.

"Do you want the list alphabetical or based on how badly I want to stab them?" You laugh at his question, feeling oddly at peace in his company as the two of you keep walking past the many suits and dresses there are. "Mainly Wilbur, though. Maybe it's because he's my brother. Or maybe just because he's an ass." You laugh as you let out a shaky breath, barely believing that Wilbur was not involved in the conspiracy, despite all that he put you through. He wasn't scared to kill either. But honestly, if you were Dream or George or Sapnap, you would avoid working with him as well.