II | CHAPTER 16: I'm not that weird, it's just a thing I do | II

FANART SECTION

Limbo duo! (Y/n and Wilbur)

Made by: Avery!

________________________________________________________________________________

Once Punz is away from you, he can finally breathe again. Ever since his near-death-experience, he's felt that way. And he has no idea what to think, let alone feel when it comes to that. But the way it's made him feel, only makes him terrified for reason he has yet to understand.

"You seem to relax a lot now that they're left behind," Hannah then comments as she walks to one of the doors in the staff room. "Y/N seems to scare you quite a bit, Punz. Let me guess, they almost killed you?" Punz looks up surprisedly when he realizes that Hannah knows, while her eyes are simply staring right into his.

"How'd you guess?" he then stutters and Hannah lets out a sigh, looking away from Punz.

"They're a dangerous person. I think you know that better than anyone. You've seen them in action, after all."

"I've not seen them in action, though."

"It told me, Punz," Hannah then says as she turns around to look at him, showing him the stairs that lead into darkness. "You've seen what's behind the barrier. You crossed it. You crossed it when you followed Y/N, didn't you?" Punz remains silent. The seventeenth. He can still remember it. The day you came to visit Schlatt's grave, he happened to find you there. Or well, he didn't just find you there by accident: he already expected that he would.

Dream had already requested him to look for you, but what Punz didn't expect, was for his whole world view to collapse and to get in some kind of an existential crisis. Imagine discovering that there's a world around the one you've been living in all this time. Yes, that certainly did a number on him.

And even after that, after getting hired at the foundation where there were creatures beyond his comprehension, doing his best to find you again, it took him too long. And once he did, he almost died himself.

"What told you?" Punz then hesitantly asks and Hannah simply smiles. A sweet smile, but terrifying nonetheless.

"It wants to go past the barrier, Punz. But it can't. And I don't even think you're able to return."

"What is this 'it' you keep mentioning and what the fuck do I have to do with it?"

"Follow me, Punz. It wants to speak to you." Punz' eyes widen when she says this and he hesitantly scratches the back of his neck. Before he has the opportunity to ask her more, however, she's already walking down the uneven steps down to whatever there will be. Not understanding but wanting to know more – and most importantly, not wanting to return to you – he follows, only to be met with something that will not only change his life, but his mind as well.

You wake up. At least, you hope you do, because the other times you thought you did, you were only met with a life that you could've lived, but thankfully managed to escape. However, once you open your eyes, you get aware of the feeling of an arm over your shoulder while your leaning against something. Or someone. When you realize who this may be, your eyes widen and you look up at a sleeping Dream next to you. Or well, what you suppose is sleeping for him. And even if you want to punch him in the face, you're unsure whether his actions were committed while he was at rest or while he was awake. After all, you don't know how Dream works. You know how Aimsey and Tubbo work, considering you've built Aimsey and seen Tubbo's blueprints and both function in similar ways. Especially considering that Tubbo was built to live exactly like a human, similar to how Aimsey almost has been, which makes them move around in their sleep, similar to how a human might.

And honestly, you can't really be angry at him if it indeed happened in his sleep. Only problem is that you'll never know, because he will most likely lie.

In any case, because you're not that heartless, you carefully move away from him after putting his arm off of your shoulder. His head, which was resting on yours before, doesn't move when you shift away and stand up eventually, feeling a lot better indeed.

After leaning against the counter while the creatures slowly seem to disappear, you see that some of the zombies only start banging on the windows louder and more aggressively, once the sun starts coming up. Dream gets a half heart attack. Thanks to the loud noise, he almost falls over, which indicates to you that he was very deep asleep. This is actually quite interesting, in your opinion.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," you say jokingly as you look down on the startled Dream. "Did you feel like a man for once, having your arm around me while I was asleep?"

"What?" he stutters and you roll your eyes.

"Forget it. We can leave soon. But look at that." You gesture with your head towards the zombie, whose eyes are fixated on the android who's struggling to stand up. When he has, however, he immediately walks towards you, standing next to you as he keep eye contact with the zombie. Something that you have already noticed, however, which he hasn't yet, is the way that the skin seems to burn when it comes in direct contact with sunlight, as is happening now. Most of the zombies have already disappeared, but the few that do remain, are blinded by hunger and thus do not realize their body is being badly damaged. This makes sense, though. They're zombies. Their nerves system most likely doesn't work the way it used to.

And thus, in front of your eyes, the creature burns to the ground. Interested by this specific event, you hum. "How fascinating."

Dream looks at you. "This has not happened before, has it?"

"Nope, it has not. This, however, does mean that we can finally get out and never have to see each other again. But knowing you, that's not what you want." Dream remains silent as you let out another chuckle and sigh before approaching the door to the world outside.

"Shouldn't we wait for Punz? They've been in there for quite a while."

"They're your friend, Dream. Not mine."

"What about Hannah?"

"She isn't either. If you want to wait for them to come out, then that's fine with me, but I'm not going to wait here. Who knows? They might just have died there." But as soon as you say that, as if you summon them right there right then, the door opens and the both of them appear. Hannah has her familiar smile on her face, but Punz looks different in a way. Something in his eyes. "Well, here they are," you tell Dream right after that, brushing off the odd eyes that Punz is giving you. "Then I'll be on my way now considering that, you know, I have actual importance in this society." And with that, you turn around, feeling all of their eyes on you.

Something is terribly wrong and you can already guess what it is.