VI | CHAPTER 44: Gravity is a lie and so is the sky,

trust in the all-seeing, all-knowing eye | VI

With the Sklergons putting out the traps for those who will try to stop you, you're approaching the portal with determination flowing through your entire body. To say that you're excited, would be an understatement. This isn't just excitement. Oh no, it's so much more. A mixture of happiness and gratitude, along with hope and insanity, which has taken over your mind completely. Although you may have not been brainwashed, you may as well be mind-controlled by your own illness. The unhealthy thoughts are oppressing the healthier ones and you know how terrible your action will be. But not only that, because it's not just about your health or happiness: it's about the consequences that will follow. Thanks to your illness, you've come to believe that once you've escaped, you'll be free. However, this is so unlikely, that you're convinced it won't even happen that way.

And yet, you continue the plan. Why? Because you prefer anything over a life in this godless place. You need to leave and if death isn't the ultimate solution, then this is.

The two other Crystals are already in place. The yellow stone, also known as the Juridical Crystal, is placed in the left corner. The blue stone, also known as the Legislature Crystal, which you forcibly took from Sapnap and Karl, has been in its true place in the right corner, awaiting to be activated. And now, the surface on which you're standing lifts you up to the middle, where you put the Executive Crystal.

The measurements are perfect. The angles are the exact same and the lines between the anomalies are exactly the same, no matter how you look at it. As the floor lowers, bringing you to solid ground again, you take a few steps behind to admire the portal. How a plan started with a broken man, and now will end with you. It's a fascinating concept, truly, but it's nothing that you'll have too much time to wonder about. Instead, you turn around to face the decapitated head of your daughter, sitting behind the window in the control room. "Activate the portal, my sweet!" you shout at her, knowing that she won't be able to do anything and it'll be the Sklergon right next to her pulling the lever. "Charge the Crystals with all the energy they need!"

You're overflown with energy. An alarm goes off, blowing your eardrums away and painting the entire room red: a sign for all your helpers to be aware of what will happen. The secret button that you installed in case the portal itself won't work, is something that you keep at the back of your mind, but you truly hope you won't have to destroy it all without at least receiving a chance to be alive.

With your gun in your one hand and your other in the bag you carry with you, you look at the doors, waiting for everybody to come through. Once you'd gotten in the helicopter to leave to the Deserts, where the portal room would be waiting for you, you'd immediately changed into different clothing. More comfortable clothing. The kind of clothing that would, hopefully, not stand out too much wherever you were going to end up living. The basis. After all, you already stood out enough with your missing eye and metallic arm, and then I've not even begun mentioning the many signs of sickness that you carry with you.

So, you wait. The Crystals have started giving off lights, thanks to the electricity that it's receiving, but the portal is not ready yet. The Crystals must have enough yet not too much energy to work, otherwise you risk threatening more than just this world, but the entire timeline of existence.

The rashes on your arm start itching like crazy as sweat is rolling down your face. It's s if your entire arm has been set on fire, but you don't react whatsoever. As blood is dropping out of your nose, the ringing in your ears driving you crazy while the alarm sounds very distant, you cough once, wiping the blood away. Muffled voices are coming from the hallway, to which the doors are closed, but not locked, and you can very clearly hear the footsteps coming closer to you, although you're not sure which of those are real and which are just your own senses deceiving you.