IV | CHAPTER 35:I think I'm dying, hold up, I'm invincible | IV

The stars in the sky silently shine on the ground on which you're walking. With the official feud having started already, you have no idea how many days have passed. All you know, is that you're here now, on whatever day it may be, with just George, walking through the darkest streets of the City. You wish that it was Aimsey who would accompany you, but unfortunately, you and your daughter's relationship has slowly been crumbling due to many different factors. Although you've been trying to keep your relationship with her alive, you know that you cannot drive the carriage on your own. You have no idea whether it's a phase or something permanent, but you know that you can't force her to stay with you. It's her decision.

You let out a shaky breath, not knowing where the shivering comes from, as you wonder if this is your time to die. You're certain it's going to happen soon. That must be the case!

Today, before returning to the City after yet another day spent in the Deserts, you visited your doctor. This was necessary, Connor had told you, because not only is it your physical health affected by the illness, but your mental well-being too. But honestly, it's ridiculous. You don't need them to be your therapist! You're doing perfectly fine at the moment. Sure, you may be waiting for the moment you either die or leave this world behind, without dying. But that doesn't mean you need a therapist, especially not now. It's a little late for that. But oh well, sweet that they at least care a little, right?

However, what bothered you the most is the fact that they tried telling you things you already knew. You told them how you knew you're about to die soon.

"I don't know when, but I know it's going to happen sometime in the upcoming days." You don't have any idea whatsoever how time works anymore. Any type of instinct or sense, whether it's about weather or time or direction... Wait, is there even a sense for weather? Yeah, you're lost. "I don't really see the point in this. It's like asking me if I'm okay while I'm choking and puking and doing weird little dances on the toilet." To say you're just randomly putting words together and hoping they make any sense, would be an understatement. In reality, it's random letters that make words that make sentences, just grabbed out of the alphabet soup that is your brain.

"Because you're the President, and that job can be very stressful, leading to the worsening of your state," your therapist had tried to explain, but you already knew back then that it was bullshit and Connor just needed someone to check up on you. They checked your blood pressure – which, surprise, surprise, was too high to be healthy – your heartbeat, and more. But the main part of the appointment, was really your mental health and weird unwanted therapy sessions.

"I don't see what this is necessary for," you had immediately complained, feeling extremely uncomfortable in the chair in which you were asked to sit. "I know I'm ill, but is this really the right moment? A war's just broken out in the City: I can't just be sitting here and victimizing myself while people are doing God-knows-what back in the City."

"Isn't Mr. Not Found still there? Do you not trust he'll be able to handle it?"

"I don't even trust Gogy with my child, so no. I don't trust he'll be able to handle it." Especially not since he doesn't know what I need to happen. "Up till now, nobody's died yet, but I fear that people may lose their life if he's the one to hold the speeches." You have very little idea of what exactly is going on in the 'war' between the Egg cult and the Syndicate, actually. All you know, is that for the past week, they've mostly been threatening each other. While Bad has tried to mostly convert people to them, mostly by using subtle and less subtle manipulation tactics, you do know that Techno's been procrastinating actively acting himself, instead trying to warn those who may be willing to join. From what Techno's told you, he's had to convince Niki occasionally that they're the bad guy. Apparently, she's been thinking about approaching them. But you don't care.