ACT FIFTEEN

Chapter Fifteen- Owen Shaw

"Alright Hobbs, you got the best crew in the world standing right in front of you. Give them a reason to stay" Luke nodded before throwing some paperwork and files on the table.

"Our target is Owen Shaw. Former major in the S.A.S. specs-ops soldier. He ran the uk's mobility division in Kabul and Basra"

"Ah, damn" Tej called out from his seat at one of the computers as he made his way over to the table where the rest of the crew was "That mobility unit's the truth. We're talking vehicular warfare. Best in the world. Those guy don't mess around" Tej spoke as everyone listened to his shocking words.

Everyone's eyes made their way to the files on the table then back up to Hobbs "For years, they've been running jobs in Europe, but it's their most recent jobs that graduated them to a whole new level. Three targets, highly specific. The program terminal from an ICBM missile. ."

"Got a little change?" Roman whispered to Tej thinking no one could hear him but they heard him, very clearly "Seriously? Your a millionaire, and you're still asking for money?" Brian tried not to laugh as Roman spoke again.

"That's how you stay a millionaire" 

Brian shook his head, a small smile on his face as he looked at Hobbs quickly "So, what does this all mean?" Brian asked as he studied the files, his inner cop coming out "Well our best guess is that Shaw's crew is building a Nightshade device" Luke said it like it was normal while the rest of the crew didn't have a clue what it was, not even Tej.

Gisele frowned "Which is?" She questioned, her eyebrows raising as Hobbs sighed "A tech bomb" Brian looked at Dom as Dom looked at him like they were talking with their eyes for a second "No, Letty and Saph wouldn't do this" Brian defended them. Dom went to speak when the female agent, Riley Hicks, cut him off.

"It's designed to block an entire military communication grid for 24 hours. If you blind a solider for a single second in the middle of a fight, he dies. If you blind a country for 24 hours, the loss of life is unthinkable" It's then all silent when Hobbs speaks up "This could be worth billions to the right buyer" He admitted.

"Billions?" Tej splutters causing everyone to look at him "Why don't we just steal that shit?" A few of the crew agreed with him but were interrupted when Roman decided to open his big mouth again.

"Hey, man" He referred to Hobbs as he stood at the vending machine that was filled with chocolate bars "Which one of these is a dollar?" As he started to pull some change out his pocket "It says something about. ."

But Hobbs had had enough of his talking as a gunshot rang out, the glass of the vending machine shattering before falling to the ground at Roman's feet.

"It's on the house" Staring at Romans now terrified expression while placing his gun back in its holder before Roman took a few things like he wasn't actually scared before going back to the table where Hobbs had already started talking again.

"I want you to help me catch Shaw. He's only got one piece left that he needs, and I intend to stop him before he gets it" Hobbs told them before going straight in for the kill "Now, I know you guys are a family. So, I'm offering you a chance right now to make that family whole again" He then threw the pictures of Letty and Sapphire on the table. Everyone looked at each other.

"You want to make this family whole again? Get us to Saph and Letty, we'll get you Shaw, full pardons all the way around" Brian starts staring at the man as everyone else also looked up at Hobbs, in agreement with Brian.

But of course he shook his head at the request "I can't promise you that"

"Yes, you can" This time it was Tej that spoke up "I want my girl back, Hobbs. So that's the deal. Take it or leave it" The DSS Agent huffed but gave in, seeing no other option "You get me Shaw, and I'll get your pardons"

The crew smiled as they relaxed a little bit when Brian spoke up "You heard him. But this is different. We're not dealing with cops, we're not dealing with drug dealers" Dom nodded in agreement, finishing off what Brian was saying "This is a whole different level"

"We're getting paid, right?" Roman asked, everyone rolling their eyes as they separated from the table leaving a confused Roman behind.