ACT TWENTY SIX

Chapter Twenty Six - Luke O'conner

Sapphire couldn't believe her eyes. She had to be dreaming, that was the only explanation to why her dad was stood in-front of her right now.

"Hey sweetie" And that's all she heard before it all went black.

Sapphire awoke with a groan and subconsciously brought her hand to her pounding head. She defiantly had a concussion.

Waiting for her vision to clear as she squeezed her eyes shut before a voice made Sapphire open her eyes "Your finally awake" The blonde snapped her head up which she instantly regretted when it sent a shooting pain through her skull.

Luke sat across the room from Sapphire on a couch with a smile on his face as he looked at her like he hadn't just kidnapped his own daughter.

Her heart rate picked up as she tried to remain calm but it was a lot different now that Brian wasn't here to protect her "I'm not playing your games. Where am I?"

"In your bedroom, your home" Luke smiled and for a second Sapphire swore she saw the good side of her father. The man who would tuck her in at night, the man who would lay with her until she fell asleep, the man who would stay up all night reading a few more chapters of her book so he could help her out the next day on her homework.

But now it's all gone.

"I'm not home, Luke. I'm not staying here to be apart of your silly, little family because your not my dad. You never were!" She shouted, standing up as soon as the dizziness had passed.

"Oh, you think I wanted this to happen? I did not, I wanted my two children at home with their father like they should be"

"You are such a liar" She scoffed as she watched his smile drop "You say you want your kids back but here you are kidnapping your own daughter and in cahoots with Deckard Shaw of all people"

"You are not being kidnapped! I am your father for god sake" He pointed at her like it was a warning if she spoke again.

"Don't you fucking touch me!" She shoved him back which only fuelled his anger even more.

"And maybe one day, just maybe, you and your brother will see I'm doing this for the both of you. Something your mother never understood" Luke continued.

And just like that Luke had calmed down as he reached into his pocket and pulled out what looked to be three plane tickets "One of Shaw's good friends by the name of Margarita I think, got me these" He spoke like he wasn't just shouting at her a few seconds ago "We are going to the beautiful place of Rome so rest up sweetie. I'll bring you some food up in a little bit" He then smiled and made his way to the door but Sapphire wasn't done.

"And what are you, huh? Cipher was by no means a good mother but at least she had the guts to leave because everything you do is for yourself. Okay, you are selfish, manipulative and you are a liar. I'm nearly nineteen Luke, I'm legally an adult meaning you aren't taking me anywhere and Brian well, he's got his own family now. A family that your not apart of because we're not those same scared, little kids anymore. We're not afraid of you" She spat, anger laced in her voice.

"You watch your damn mouth. I am your father!"

"No you are an abusive asshole who made me and my brothers life a living hell!" A sharp stinging on the right side of her face followed immediately after Sapphire's words. She then looked back at Luke as she lifted a hand to her cheek where he had just slapped her.

"I'm so sorry, sweetie. I'm sorry. It's just that mouth of yours always getting you into trouble and then it forces me to do that" He pointed to the faint red mark that was started to appear on her cheek.