ACT EIGHTEEN

Chapter Eighteen- The Darkest Hour

Brian walked over to where Dom sat as he watched the man he called his brother inspect the bullet that he was holding in between his fingers.

"What you're looking at is a five point forty five by eighteen FMJ spitzer bullet. It's specific to one handgun, the PSM. Now, given that handguns are illegal in the United Kingdom, there's very few people that have access to that firearm. So if some-body wanted to, say, track down where it came from, it wouldn't be hard"

He showed Dom the piece of paper he held as Dom took it from him before looking back up at the blonde with a questioning look "I was a cop for a lot of years. Some habits die hard" Brian shrugged.

"A pawn shop" Dom chuckled.

The bell above the door dinged as the two men entered the pawn shop, Dom in the front and Brian at the back. The shop owner looked over at the three as they walked in. Brian closed the door behind him as he eyed the two men that were sat by the door.

While Dom walked up to the small window and took a quick glance around before looking down at the man "All right, what do you want?" He asked Dom.

"They say if someone's looking for a Russian gun, you're the man to see" Dom spoke.

The man hummed in response "Oh, they do, do they?" He then looked over at the two men and gave the signal.

One of the men was then very quick to stand up and place his hand on Dom's shoulder "What do you want mate?"

Dom turned to the man and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt before head butting him. He turned to the other man and slammed his head into the window the shop owner was sat behind. Dom then noticed the guy reach for his gun before Dom stuck his hand through the opening at the bottom and grabbed his collar and smashed his head against the window.

The door then opened but Brian grabbed hold of it to stop it from swinging open as he pointed the gun at the man who was about to come in "That might be a bad idea" Brian advised and the guy quickly left.

Dom held up the bullet to the owner's face "I'm looking for the owner of this"

"I don't know" The man said before Dom smashed his head against against the window again.

"Take a closer look" Dom ordered.

The man then started to blurt everything out "About a week ago, two girls came in, bought guns, ammo, everything I had"

Brian stepped up beside his best friend, his eyebrows furrowed "Two girls? What did they look like?"

The man looked over at him "Tough chicks. Dark and light hair. Mean streaks. Word is their street-racers" Hs spoke while grunting in pain.

"Yeah so where can we find them?" Brian asked again knowing instantly that was Letty and Sapphire the man was describing.

"How do I know?" The man asked "Do I look like a racer?"

Dom smashed his head against the window one last time causing the man to slump to the ground unconscious "No, you don't"

The two turned and left the shop while the other two men where groaning in pain. Brian flipped the open sign to closed and looked at the two men on the floor "Take care, guys"