ACT TWENTY SEVEN

Chapter Twenty Seven - One Last Ride

"Bri, please pick up, please pick up" The youngest O'conner begged into the phone with tears streaming down her mascara ruined face and her hands trembled as she held the phone to her ear "God damn it, just answer your pho-Brian?"

Sapphire had never been so happy to hear her brothers voice "Bri, I did something really bad but I didn't mean to, it was self defence. He was going to kill me" She rambled on.

"Hey, it's alright Saph. I'm just glad your okay. Now I need you to calm down for me and tell me where you are. Can you do that for me?" Brian asked as Sapphire nodded even though he couldn't see her.

"In our old house. Brian he's dead, I-i shot him. Please come get me" Her voice shook as she wiped her tears.

Previously on Sapphire O'conner. . .

Sapphire had managed to pick the lock on the door after Luke had locked it on his way out as she ran through the house she used to call home.

She didn't get very far when she heard footsteps behind her as she quickly turned around "No!" Sapphire cried "I'm done with you and your bullshit. Okay, I'm not going to Rome with you Luke"

"I know" Luke whispered as he shook his head "At first I didn't want to believe it but now I understand what you were trying to say. Your an adult now, you don't need me. But now I've got a problem because it's like, what do I do with you now?"

Sapphire bit her lip as tears welled up in her eyes "You let me go" It was almost like a whisper when she spoke.

Luke scoffed "Let you go? What just so you can call the police and get me arrested?" He walked towards her as his hands cupped her cheeks "I know what your like and now I don't know what to do with you sweetheart, what do I do?" He asked her as his hands went tightly around her neck, choking her. She couldn't breathe.

Her vision was starting to go while her hand starting feeling around for anything she could grab and that's when her hand hit a vase. Sapphire wasted no time in picking it up and smashing it over Luke's head.

She fell to the floor coughing, her hand going straight to her neck as she rubbed were his hands were. Looking at her father as he laid still on the floor, blood trickling down his head Sapphire leaned over to check his pulse and that's when she felt a hand grab her wrist.

Sapphire was now running though the house once more with Luke not far behind as he kept calling out her name. She got to the kitchen where she started rummaging through draws and cupboards, she needed something to protect herself and that's when she came across her gun.

The same gun she had brought with her to the warehouse to meet Deckard. Turning around to face her father just as she clicked the safety off of the gun "I will shoot you!" She threatened, her finger lingering on the trigger "Get back!"

"Your gonna kill me?" He let out a laugh "Like hell you would. It was always Brian that had to protect you when you were little because you couldn't even stand up to your own father" Luke taunted, taking a few more steps closer to the blonde "So what makes you think you can stand there, look me in the eye and pull that trigger"

BANG

The sound of a gunshot pierced through the room. Sapphire stared down at her father as tears ran down her already wet cheeks.