ACT TWENTY EIGHT

Chapter Twenty Eight - I'll See You Again

Sapphire sat in the passenger seat of Letty's car as they drove downtown the streets. She defiantly didn't feel like driving after everything that's happened.

"I don't know why we gotta keep driving around like this" Roman spoke over the radio "Why can't we just pull over somewhere, park, gather our thoughts in like a bunker somewhere?"

"Because it does not work like that" Tej replied "We gotta stick close enough to the bad guys in order to get in range for Ramsey to hack em but we gotta be mobile enough not to get shot like fish in a barrel. So do me a favour, focus on the mission and keep us from getting killed" It then went silent for a couple minutes before Tej spoke again "Guys, they're here"

"How many cars?" Sapphire asked as she looked at Letty.

"Uh, none and that's kind of the problem" Tej replied and Sapphire then looked out the back window to see a helicopter following them "Fuck sake"

"Okay, let's give them a tour" Brian said "Break on my mark. Three, two, one. Go!" They all split, going in different directions.

"They're in range" Tej informed everyone "Ramsey, start the hack"

"Football's hot! I need to lateral!" Brian's voice came through on their radios "Rome, where are you?"

"Running back, charging in!" Roman said.

"Meet me on third and spring" Brian told him.

"You got it!"

Brian rolled down the window of the passenger side as he and Roman drove towards each other and in complete synchronisation, they pulled their handbrakes and turned opposite ways causing smoke to come from their tyres.

Ramsey then grabbed her stuff and climbed out the window of Brian's car and into the window of Roman's car as Tej pulled her in just as Roman and Brian finished the turn and went opposite ways.

The drone had locked on to Brian's car and seconds before the car exploded, Brian jumped out "He made it!" Tej exclaimed, a smile on his face as he watched Brian jump out the car "I can't believe we pulled that off"

"You good Bri?" Sapphire's voice asked through the radio.

"All good Saph. All good" Brian breathed as he held his gun close to him and quickly crossed the road.

"Wait" Ramsey gained everyone's attention "What happened? We were almost there. They've cut the signal! I can't finish the hack"

"What do you mean?" Roman asked, looking at her through the rear view mirror.

"Brian, they took out the tower" Tej told him.

"There has to be another way" Ramsey said, looking at Tej for help.

"Wait, I'm seeing half a dozen cell towered between sixth and state" Tej told Brian "Brian, if you can get to the top of any one of those buildings around there, we can reroute the signal manually and finish the job"

"I'm on it"

Police cars were now approaching the three as Roman drifted around the corner "Them boys are on us!"