ACT THIRTY TWO

Chapter Thirty Two - The Toy Shop

NEW YORK CITY

"Why are we travelling like this again?" Roman whined from the smell of fish that continued to flood everyone's senses.

"Because Saph took God's Eye, so we need to stay off the grid" Tej repeated for what felt like the fifth time.

"But like this?" Roman complained "Look here, man, before I throw up in my mouth, let me ask you, what are we doing here?" He asked as the truck came to a stop.

"That's a good question, Roman. Let me show you" Little Nobody replied, leading the group through the fish market and over to the garage door. Nodding to the two men on either side of door as it slid open to reveal cars among cars "Welcome to our new base of operations"

They all walked inside while looking around in awe "No seriously, what is this place?" Letty asked.

"This-this is heaven" Tej said as Brian smiled at his reaction.

"The agency garage" Hobbs stated "They call it the Toy Shop"

Little Nobody then led them down the middle of the walkway as he started to explain "This is where we house every vehicle seized from drug dealers on the East Coast. Now, Mr Nobody said that if we're gonna have a chance at catching Sapphire, we're gonna have to be damn fast. I figured this could help"

"Damn right we are" Brian said, looking around the place that he knew Sapphire would love.

Deckard had walked over to a matte black Jeep while Tej walked over to the Army tank he had spotted in the corner. Letty went to straight to the red 1966 Corvette while Brian set his eyes on the blue Nissan Skyline GT-R. And of course Dom already had his 1970 Dodge Charger R/T sent there.

"We got a tank" Tej muttered, walking over to it "Seven hundred and fifty horsepower, six point six litre, V8 Duramax engine with an M153 Crows remotely operated weapon station on top" He knew Sapphire would be just as excited as he was about it.

"You didn't get that from drug dealers" Ramsey pointed towards it.

"No. No, that, uh, the United States Army leant me" Little Nobody said before walking over to them while Tej was still admiring the tank.

"See, the army's developing machines like this so that soldiers can drive from a mile away. So they can stay safe and alive" He told was Roman who was stood beside him "But luckily, there's a backup driver's seat for those of us who like to get more hands on"

"No one is getting hands on. She doesn't go on city streets" Little Nobody argued and that's when Roman saw the neon orange Lamborghini making its way down the walkway "Woah, I think I'm in love" He whispered, walking closer to it.

Little Nobody then stepped in front of him "Again, no. No. That's a million dollar show car. The point is not to draw attention"

"It's reverse psychology" Roman said it like it was obvious "Saph will never see it coming"

Little Nobody scoffed "It's neon orange. The international space station will see it coming. Go choose anything less conspicuous"

"No, no. This is ridiculous" Roman argued as he tried to get the man who was operating the forklift to put down the car.

"Not happening" Little Nobody said as he walked away.

"Hey, my man, you can put that down right there. This is a gift, a real gift. I know what you're doing. I like your beard. You're blanta? Black Santa? No, I'm serious. Put it down right there" But the man just shook his head.

-----

It was time to start the plan. Sapphire was right now driving through New York to find the Russian Minister of Defence but before that happens, she had somewhere else to be first. Stepping on the button she installed that started to make a pinging noise reverberating in her car.

Pulling into the alleyway she planned on driving by as she then put the car into park "What are you doing?" Cipher asked.

"Engines misfiring, I gotta take a look" The blonde told the camera that was above the gear shift.

"No, that's not part of the plan, Sapphire" She argued.

"Clearly, but unless you want the engine to seize up on the job"

"You have five minutes" Cipher said and that was all Sapphire needed. Holding up five fingers to the security camera on the building in front of her before pulling the hood up, resulting in the camera view being blocked.

A red van then pulled up and reversed into the alley, blocking every other camera Cipher could hack into meaning Sapphire could finally leave. Walking into the bar through the back door and to a table where a woman sat, bodyguards all around her.

"You know who I am?" She asked as Sapphire took a seat opposite her.

"That's why I'm here"

"You know what I'm capable of?"

"That's why I'm here"

"I'll give you until I finish my cuppa, and I'm fucking thirsty" Her British accent clear as day when she spoke.

"I have limited time, so I won't take up too much of yours"

"Oh no, no, you've already taken everything I have of value, Miss O'conner. What more could you possibly want for me?"

"To give you something back" The blonde replied.

"Talk to me"

"First time I saw my nephew was behind a bulletproof glass. I never knew he existed and neither does Dom, the baby's father. Not being able to do anything to prevent this or even hold him when he reached for me, is the worst pain I've ever felt and I know that you know exactly how that feels. Maybe we could change that"

"I think. . .you're about to suggest something really dodgy Miss O'conner"

Sapphire smiled "It's why I'm here" Walking back out of the bar to see the red van getting ready to leave, the man shut his van door and nodded at the blonde as she gave Leon a nod back before he drove away.

Sapphire then held a car part to the camera to show she had 'fixed' the car before shutting the hood and getting back in her seat to find the Russian Ministry of Defence. He was on the move just like she was and all the blonde could do was pray that her family was still on her side after all this.