ACT THIRTY ONE

Chapter Thirty One - The Big Apple

"Well that was fun" Cipher smiled at her as she sat down in her office chair "You know for a minute there, I thought you was gonna run back to them but you didn't and, I'm proud of you for that"

"Back there, was that for my brother, my fiancé, for me? Or just for you? Or was it even necessary?"

"Necessary? Nothing is necessary, everything is a choice. I simply made one but so did you. You chose to pause and listen to what your brother had to say. I wonder what Tej thought of that"

"Just remember that the problem of putting your foot on a tigers neck is you can never let it up" Sapphire snapped, slamming her hands down on her desk.

"I think I need to remind you why you chose to be here" Sapphire reluctantly followed her mother down a hallway where there was a glass room and inside was Elena.

"Sapphire"

"I am so sorry"

"You shouldn't have come" Elena told her.

Sapphire shrugged, sending the woman a small but painful smile "Nothing could've kept me away. You're still family Elena, both of you"

"Now she has the three of us. You wanna see him?"

Sapphire nodded "Please"

Elena turned around and went to pick up the baby "This is your Auntie Sapphire, say hi" Sapphire put her hand on the glass and the little boy tried to touch it.

"When I realised I was pregnant, Dom had just found out you and Letty were alive. So I decided when Dom and Letty got back from their honeymoon, I was going to tell him. And then she took us before I had the chance" Elena sighed "I just want you tell him that, okay? If I don't make it out of here-"

"Hey, don't talk like that. I'm getting you both out of here alive Elena. I promise" Her eyes then went over to the baby and just by looking at him you could tell he was Dom's son "What's his name?"

"I call him Marcos, that's his middle name. I thought his father should give him his first name. I'm sorry Sapphire"

"There is nothing to be sorry for" Sapphire said as a tear fell down her cheek.

"Whatever happens. . .just save our son. Save your nephew, please" Elena cried and Sapphire nodded.

"You have my word Elena" The blonde smiled at Marcos as he started to laugh from Elena tickling him. And Sapphire will always stick by that even though betraying her family was the worst feeling in the world, she would do it all over again if it meant getting this baby home safe to his dad.

The door opened by Sapphire making her turn around to see Rhodes walking in and her eyes went to straight to the gun that was holstered on his waist.

"Good visit?" Cipher asked as she came through after Rhodes "I know, I know what you're thinking. I just let the guards go so there is only two opponents in the room. Rhodes has the gun, so you'll take him out first, I know you. And then you're thinking. Elena is a cop, maybe the two of you can fight your way out of here. So much to think about" She whispered and held her hand to Rhodes who hesitantly gave her his gun.