year 2 | chapter 2

another clever idea to get us killed and expelled

Everyone finished eating and got ready for the day before gathering around the fireplace for some reason.

"Right, here we are," Mrs. Weasley said, grabbing a pot of something hanging next to the fireplace. "You go first, Harry, dear."

"But Harry's never traveled by Floo powder before, Mum," Ron said. "Neither has Harper."

"Floo powder?" Harry and I repeated, confused.

"Well, you go first, Ron, so they can see how it's done," she replied, motioning for Ron to come forward. He did and stepped inside the fireplace. Harry and I exchanged a confused glance. Ron grabbed a handful of whatever was in the small pot, and Mrs. Weasley backed away.

"Diagon Alley!" Ron said, throwing the powder down. With that, green flames erupted from the fireplace and Ron disappeared. Harry and I stepped back in fear. Did we really have to do that now?

"You see? It's quite easy dears, don't be afraid," Mrs. Weasley said motioning Harry forward. "Come on."

Harry stood there frozen, so I gave him a light shove forward, glad he had to go first. Harry stepped inside the fireplace and looked over at me nervously.

"Now, take your Floo powder," she said, holding the pot out for him. Harry grabbed a handful and she backed away again. "Now, don't forget to speak very, very clearly," she emphasized. For some reason though, probably nerves, Harry did not.

"What did he say, dear?" Mrs. Weasley asked her husband nervously.

"Diagonally," Mr. Weasley replied.

"I thought he did," she responded.

"What's that mean?" I asked nervously.

"Harry might not have ended up in Diagon Alley," she answered.

"Well, where is he?" I pressed. "Should I go after him?"

"No no, dear, he's likely only a grate or two off," she replied.

"Okay," I said nervously, thinking about where Harry could've gone.

"Now, your turn dear," she said, motioning at me. I stepped into the fireplace and she handed me the Floo powder. I took some nervously. "Now remember to enunciate."

"Diagon Alley," I said as clearly as possible as I dropped the powder. Suddenly, I was transported to the Flourish and Botts bookstore in Diagon Alley.

"Woah," I muttered, looking around.

"Wicked, isn't it?" Ron replied as I stepped out of the fireplace.

"Wicked," I agreed. "Is Harry here?"

"No," Ron replied, confused, "Did he already use the Floo powder?"

"Yes, but he didn't say it very clearly," I replied. "Your mom thinks he may have ended up somewhere else."

"Where?" Ron replied.

"A grate or two over," I said as Fred stepped out of the fireplace.

"Harry's not here?" Fred said, looking around. Ron and I shook our heads.

George stepped out of the fireplace soon after. "Harry's not here?" he asked in the same way Fred had.

Ron and I once again shook our heads. The rest of the family soon appeared, and we began looking through the bookstore for the books we needed this year.

"I never thanked you for saving me...again," I said as Ron and I walked between the shelves.

"No need," Ron replied, "I like saving you." I giggled slightly as my cheeks turned pink. I tried not to look, but I think his cheeks did too.