year 5 | chapter 8

the prophecy

The Great Hall was lined with rows of desks from the front to the back of the room. We were in our Theory of Charms OWL exams, and I was doing quite well, I thought. The four of us had studied our asses off. Umbridge stood smirking at the front of the room where a large pendulum swung back and forth. Suddenly, there was a loud boom in the distance.

I turned around toward the noise at the door but couldn't see anything. The booming noises continued, so Umbridge strutted to the doors and opened them.

Suddenly, a firework flew in her face before going around and exploding at the ceiling of the room. I wondered who on earth would be setting off fireworks right now, and then it hit me as the Weasley twins came flying into the room, throwing more fireworks around. Our papers flew onto the floor as the twins flew by.

More fireworks popped around the room and everyone was laughing and whispering excitedly, getting out of their seats.

My personal favorite firework singed Goyle's nose before sparking Crabbe's ass and then heading straight for Draco's face. He ducked, leaving an imprint of the terrified face he was making on the wall from the firework. All of us were laughing hysterically.

I only felt pure joy as I watched Umbridge panic and have no idea what to do. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, they threw one last massive firework that took the form of a dragon and chased her out of the room.

She whimpered as she couldn't move very fast in her heels and the mouth closed around her, sending fireworks to destroy every single one of her decrees on the wall.

It was raining confetti in the hallway as all the decrees fell to the floor. Fred and George flew past her, almost knocking her over, and went outside. All of us cheered and followed them out to the courtyard excitedly.

They threw more fireworks into the air, creating a beautiful show as more students from around the castle came to watch and cheer. The fireworks formed into a giant W as the twins flew away, never to return to finish the year.

Hermione abruptly tugged on Ron and I's robes and pointed to Harry who was sitting on the ground breathing heavily.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Sirius," Harry said simply before getting up and running. We ran quickly following him while he described the vision he saw of Voldemort torturing Sirius.

"Harry, are you sure?" Hermione asked.

"I saw it!" Harry replied, racing up the stairs. "It's just like with Mr. Weasley. It's the same door I've been dreaming about for months only I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before. Sirius said Voldemort was after something, something he didn't have the last time, and it's in the Department of Mysteries."

"Harry, please, just listen," Hermione said, stopping him. "What if Voldemort meant for you to see this? What if he's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to you?"

"What if he is? I'm supposed to just let him die?" Harry scoffed. "Hermione, he's the only family we've got left."

"What do we do?" I asked.

"We'll have to use the Floo Network," Harry said, taking off up the stairs again.

"But Umbridge has all the chimneys under surveillance," Hermione told him.

"Not all of them," Harry replied.

We quickly changed out of our robes and broke into Umbridge's office where the only chimney that wasn't under surveillance was located. He threw the Floo powder in, turning the flames green.