year 5 | chapter 6

christmas at grimmauld

A few days later, I awoke to Ron shaking me awake. "Come on," he said, sitting me up.

"What's going on?" I questioned, squinting in the face of Ron's Lumos charm.

"Something's wrong with Harry," Ron said. I gave him a confused look and followed him into his dorm. Harry was sat bolt upright, panting heavily and sweating profusely.

"What is it?" I asked, heading over to Harry.

"I've got to get to Dumbledore," Harry said, standing up suddenly. He took a weak step and almost fell over, so Ron and I grabbed either side of him to steady him. We went to McGonagall's office first, and Harry explained that he had a vision of Ron's dad being attacked viciously by a snake. She quickly took us to Dumbledore's office as well as the rest of the Weasley children.

Everyone was clad in their pajamas and robes as we stood around anxiously waiting for what Dumbledore thought about it. Ginny sat in the chair, gripping the handle of the chair tightly. Fred and George had their arms crossed, looking at Dumbledore impatiently. I held Ron's hand tightly as he stared blankly at the floor.

"In the dream were you standing next to the victim or looking down at the scene?" Dumbledore asked, facing away from Harry.

"Neither. It was like I...Professor, will you please just tell me what's happening?" Harry begged.

"Everhardt, Arthur's on guard duty tonight," Dumbledore spoke to a portrait. "Make sure he's found by the right people."

"Sir--" Harry started.

"Phineas," Dumbledore spoke to another, "you must go to your portrait at Grimmauld Place. Tell them that Arthur Weasley is gravely injured and his children will be arriving there soon by port key."

"They've got him, Albus," Everhardt returned. "It was close but they think he'll make it. What's more, the Dark Lord failed to acquire it."

"Ah, thank goodness," Dumbledore replied.

"Look at me!" Harry shouted, causing Dumbledore's head to snap in his direction with wide eyes. Harry panted heavily. "What's happening to me?" he asked in a desperate voice. Dumbledore just looked at him. Harry was sweating and there was a strange look in his eyes.

"You wished to see me, Headmaster?" Snape appeared in the room.

"Severus, I'm afraid we can't wait," Dumbledore told him. "Not even till the morning. Otherwise, we'll all be vulnerable." Snape grabbed Harry's arm and pulled him out of the room.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"All of you take this port key," Dumbledore said, putting it on his desk. The Weasleys and I grabbed onto it before being transported to Grimmauld Place. 

We arrived and were immediately hugged by a panicked Molly Weasley. Sirius and Remus were there too, as well as other members of the Order.

"He's at St. Mungo's, but they believe he's going to be alright," Molly told her children. I could see her cheeks were wet with tears.

"Thank Merlin," Ron whispered. I went over and hugged him, which he gratefully returned. We got to visit him in the hospital eventually once he was stable, and soon he was allowed to return home.

It was Christmas morning and Grimmauld Place was decorated nicely for the holidays. It had been cleaned and garland and lights were strung about. A large Christmas tree was in the kitchen and fake snow fell from the ceiling.